UFC 220: Volkan Oezdemir - I Will Knock Cormier Out

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Them's fightin' words.

In all seriousness, I do think DC better play this carefully in the first round, especially after being savagely KOed in his last contest. There's no telling if that knockout will have a lingering effect coming into this fight.

And Volkan has this weird ability to literally just touch people and scramble their brains.

Hopefully Cormier utilizes his wrestling from the outset.

Volkan is a dangerous opponent.

giphy.gif

Better hope, because it's a long 25 minutes in there when you're fighting DC. I don't think Volkan can handle Daniel, as dangerous as he may be.

Gonna be so embarassing for Volkan when DC literally laughs his pillow fists off, holds him against the cage for 5 minutes straight while pounding him, trips him, slams him to the ground and breaks his neck.

DC is gonna smash Lord Volkan so badly, it's gonna be straight up rape.

If Rumble can't do it, Volkan ain't gonna get anywhere near him...

<DontBelieve1>
<{cruzshake}>

I expect DC to survive that initial burst and then break this guy and stop him in 3.

Manuwa fucked up. It happens. DC will finally derail this hype train and it's long overdue.

If Rumble couldn't do it... good fucking luck

For the sake of the division, i hope he KO's Cormier.

If DC goes in there and smokes him, knowing he is ebbing closer and closer to retirement where does the division go then?

I can't see them throwing Gus at Cormier again after this fight, i mean, i can. But it would make more sense that he fights the loser of this match so as to build himself up a little because i feel like if he loses right away to DC again, then that's a wrap unless Bones comes back.

UFC 220: @FacePunch - You'd better hope and pray that you can, and quickly - Because it's the only shot you have of not being mauled in this fight.

Them's fightin' words.

In all seriousness, I do think DC better play this carefully in the first round, especially after being savagely KOed in his last contest. There's no telling if that knockout will have a lingering effect coming into this fight.

And Volkan has this weird ability to literally just touch people and scramble their brains.

Sick fight, can't wait for this. Love Cormier, he's criminally underrated. But Volkan is a badass and I think it will be a huge test for DC, even more of a test than Rumble was. While Rumble had more power than Volkan, he had nowhere near the same durability or mental toughness.

Last edited:
If DC goes in there and smokes him, knowing he is ebbing closer and closer to retirement where does the division go then?
The division isn't making any progress. I think it's gonna suck for a while to be honest. I'd say if DC smokes Volkan, give him Glover next.

Them's fightin' words.

Win or loose... Cormier retires after this fight. With a golden parachute courtesy of Dana.

Opening the door for a smooth re-entry of Jon Jones to the UFC.

So really, beside the entertainment value of this scrap, it is of little significance.

Watch it happen bro

kUoXWXz.jpg

Win or loose... Cormier retires after this fight.

Opening the door for a smooth re-entry of Jon Jones to the UFC.

So really, beside the entertainment value of this scrap, it is of little significance.

Watch it happen bro

I wouldn't be completely shocked.

DC has said he is already financially set for life. Not sure he has much left to prove.

Rooting for Volkan, but does he say anything else. Every KO artist wants to knock their opponent out. How about addressing how he will deal with DC's strategy of being pressured against the cage and being taken down and GnPed and subbed.

The division isn't making any progress. I think it's gonna suck for a while to be honest. I'd say if DC smokes Volkan, give him Glover next.

That's not bad.
I forgot about the Circunov fight. That would work to give Gus some more time and have him scrap Volkan.

They are definitely getting to the end of the line as it pertains to decent matchups.

No time via touch of death.

Volkan fight Jones for the real belt next.

If Rumble couldn't do it... good fucking luck
Agreed. To be fair, Rumble was wrestling way more than he should have, that last fight. I still favor Cormier in this one, but Volkan needs to keep his hands busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back