Who did Daniel Cormier beat to earn his light-heavyweight title belt?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haven't kept track of MMA lately but the last time I watched, I remembered him getting head kicked KOed by Jon Jones and he was bawling his eyes out like a grown man shouldn't after the fight.

I understand Jon Jones forfeited the belt but why does the belt not become vacant as opposed to be given to someone who never earned it? Did Daniel Cormier had a fight since then?

Because Jones popped.

Can’t lose a belt in a no contest.

DoL1e.gif

Haven't kept track of MMA lately but the last time I watched, I remembered him getting head kicked KOed by Jon Jones and he was bawling his eyes out like a grown man shouldn't after the fight.

I understand Jon Jones forfeited the belt but why does the belt not become vacant as opposed to be given to someone who never earned it? Did Daniel Cormier had a fight since then?
Jones never won the Cormier rematch.

Decision was overturned, so Cormier still champ.

I see the bait, nope not goin for it.

He was the CHAMPION prior to Juicehead Cheater KOing him, then the fight being turned over for Jones SECOND ped fail.

He beat Rumble TWO times, and Gus as well.

For sure lose my number, 100%.

I understand 100% why people would say he’s a paper champ since he never beat Jon Jones.

HOWEVER, when you beat Anthony Johnson twice along with Alexander Gustafson, nobody can deny that DC is a championship caliber fighter. He’s probably the 2nd best LHW fighter of all time. That’s why I see his belt as being legit.

When I think about a real, actual paper champ, I think about a guy whose talent is not on the level that a champion’s should be at. DC’s talent level is worthy of that belt.

Lol you damn well know he hasn't fought or beat someone for the belt since then TS you funny guy

Daniel is the second best fighter to ever live. He'd beat up all of Sherdogs GOAT candidates. (OMGZ, P4PZZZZ)

Wish I understood the reference. Still haven't seen The Room yet, but Disaster Artist is going to be this Saturday before 220.

Then you have never lived, Danespina.

I don't think he even wanted the belt back. I think they just threw it at him and said. "You are still the champ" out of frustration from the whole chain of events.. He seemed kinda content just chilling out and trying the commentating stuff. He aint getting any younger and ppv profits are welcome so i guess he agreed.

Regardless he seems a bit out of it lately. He may have the belt but I fear Bones stole that mans soul and broke him. :eek:

tbt.gif

Back