Does anyone else not give a f--- about other sports ever since getting into MMA?

shercatdog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
watching team sports don't compare at all to mma. So much more raw passion and excitement in MMA that team sports cannot compare to. Huge upsets happen alot in MMA whereas the worst ranked team in the nba is not beating the number 1 team.

Human have been fighting since dawn of mankind, basketball, baseball, football, those were all invented in the last 100 years and involve way more rules and very specific subset of skills.

Last edited:
Never gave a fuck about other sports.

Nah, I still watch skiing, boxing, football, some Olympics when its on, World Cup, etc.

I watched a lot more football this year cause the Rams didn't suck too.

I've been into combat sports for a long time, but fighting is progressively becoming the only thing that interests and entertains me when it comes to sports. I'm growing out of my emotional attachments to sports teams. I just don't give a shit anymore.

watching team sports don't compare at all to mma. So much more raw passion and excitement in MMA that team sports cannot compare to. Huge upsets happen alot in MMA whereas the worst ranked team in the nba is not beating the number 1 team.

Human have been fighting since dawn of mankind, basketball, baseball, football, those were all invented in the last 100 years.

I still love baseball .

giphy-3.gif

COME AT ME SHERBRO'S !!

yeah i'd definitely watch random events in the olympics and random sports for the variety of it, like extreme sports.

But I'm not ever gonna be a regular fan of a sport where I discuss it online and watch games regularly and spend a lot of time on it.

Yeah, I don't go on forums for any other sport, even though some I like watching as much (or in the case of skiing, more).

For me it's Football/Basketball first and mma/boxing second.

never watched any other sport.
and never did any other sport outside of judo and muay thai

it's easier for me to relate to the low level athletes of MMA than the genetic freaks of A-level sports. I enjoy watching NBA and NFL to marvel at the limits of human physical potential, but it can make me feel insecure because they are performing inhuman feats. So I watch MMA to boost my self esteem because when I see those cans awkwardly moving in the octagon, I know I can go in there and be competitive with them.

A combo of Jeter retiring & UFC/MMA made me move away from MLB & towards MMA

I like a lot of sports but this is the only one I talk about online aside from boxing occasionally. I talk football, hockey and baseball with a lot of people in person but my MMA friends are just a handful and generally not diehards.

Football is king. But the margin used to be a lot closer. The amount of under promoted fights has made mma a little less interesting imo.

Still love the sports I always did. Mostly on international levels. Money has ruined most pro sports. But, that’s the league, or whatever. Not the game or sport. Hell even the UFC is bullshit now. But, that doesn’t mean mma sucks.

Never gave a single fuck about other sports, and never will.

MMA is the apex. Boxing and kickboxing are great too depending on the fight, but MMA is the only sport that truly matters.

it's easier for me to relate to the low level athletes of MMA than the genetic freaks of A-level sports. I enjoy watching NBA and NFL to marvel at the limits of human physical potential, but it can make me feel insecure because they are performing inhuman feats. So I watch MMA to boost my self esteem because when I see those cans awkwardly moving in the octagon, I know I can go in there and be competitive with them.
Lmao, you win my friend.

yep, same.

<13>

Why does it seem like most MMA fans are friendless losers, who use MMA to make themselves feel "cool" or "tough"?!

MMA is great! So is Boxing, Hockey, Football, Basketball, Tennis etc.....

Damn, never realized how many legit bad asses posted on this forum

I've never cared for other sports until MMA. Fighting, raw fighting like MMA combining all the different styles of striking with grappling is something I get. Fighting is something I just get. I've never cared for one's ability to handle a sportsball.

The only other sport I watch once in a while is tennis (both men and women's) just because I used to play tennis in high school and still play when hanging out with the homies.

Back