Would WME pull a publicity stunt? Leak Conor will be stripped - announce he's signed to fight Tony

magicmarker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Quietly raising ppv prices. Product placement in sitcoms. Seems like the kind of drama that would be in their playbook...

Considering Khabib has been hinting something big is gonna happen and tony signing them papers with #defendorvacate I’m pretty sure it’s Tony vs Khabib.

Ariel Helwani would most likely spoil it for them, like when he leaked the Lesnar returning news.

I don't think so, unless they were really trying to hardball McG behind the scenes.

I think most of us can admit that even IF they do strip Conor and make Khabib / Cucuy for the true belt, they would probably give Conor an instant title shot at the winner if he comes to terms with their monetary offers down the road.

Quietly raising ppv prices. Product placement in sitcoms. Seems like the kind of drama that would be in their playbook...
I fucking hate the new breed of mma fan.
Fights. People care about fights not gay ass drama. Go watch Rich Housewives of Whatever City if you want drama

Ariel Helwani would most likely spoil it for them, like when he leaked the Lesnar returning news.
Nope. Ariel has learned not to poke the bear too much over the past year

I don't think so, unless they were really trying to hardball McG behind the scenes.

I think most of us can admit that even IF they do strip Conor and make Khabib / Cucuy for the true belt, they would probably give Conor an instant title shot at the winner if he comes to terms with their monetary offers down the road.

they don't have to play hard ball with conor since he has 2 fights left on his contract.

Nope. Ariel has learned not to poke the bear too much over the past year

I don't think its Ariel call

WME let go a lot of staff since UFC 199 & the guy that supposedly leaked the Brock thing (Dana's ex buddy Nick The Tooth) was shitcanned the day after 199

Helwani has instigated & showed his anti-UFC agenda since then constantly
He just doesn't have an inside source to DW anymore

Conor is never going to fight Tony. He wants the guy who can sell the most PPVs and right now and that's Khabib.

Would WME pull a publicity stunt? Leak Conor will be stripped - announce he's signed to fight Tony

Not slamming you, but how does WME/UFC doing what you suggest make them more money?

they don't have to play hard ball with conor since he has 2 fights left on his contract.
I think they would rather have Conor fight at a higher rate than is on his contract than have him not fight at all.

Not slamming you, but how does WME/UFC doing what you suggest make them more money?
It will bring more attention to the card and some conversion rate * that attention of purchases. That being said, I don't find it conceivable at all that this is a stunt.

It will bring more attention to the card and some conversion rate * that attention of purchases. That being said, I don't find it conceivable at all that this is a stunt.

The type of publicity of threatening to strip Conor does not equal bigger money in any way.
It actually hurts Conor's brand that UFC had to force him to fight.

The type of publicity of threatening to strip Conor does not equal bigger money in any way.
In the long run I agree, but I think any attention is good attention for that individual fight in terms of sales. Again, I don't think it's happening nor would I advocate that strategy, but I do think there is an argument for it. I don't agree with it. Just wanted to present that side of the view.

I dont know whats going on. Tony signing papers....Khabib saying theres a big announcement and Conor back in training camp.

My thought is Tony/pull out wrestler then Conor fights the winner in Sept. as a challenger but who knows. How many times has this Tony/Khabib shit been made and canceled?

I have a question for you, do you think the UFC would have been better off stopping the Floyd fight and getting their nut over a longer period with Conor? Could they have stopped it and done that?

I have a question for you, do you think the UFC would have been better off stopping the Floyd fight and getting their nut over a longer period with Conor? Could they have stopped it and done that?

They could have stopped it
No idea the particulars between them & Conor though to say that it was not a good idea
Seems like they made 2-3 fights worth of profit for hardly any effort.
Plus WME made money as the fights agent & while that does not go to UFC, it goes to the decision makers pockets

Back