Dan Hardy looking at Stipes sig. strikes landed stat: "he is only behind sea level cain"

one of us

Ht9sjjU.jpg

Last edited:
Hardy is probably the best analyst out there. Loved his fighting, love his analysis.

I wonder if that is a slip or if he actually took Cain's stats and removed his fight at Mexico City?

I'm pretty sure lots of fighters lurk here.

The fact that Hardy actually said "sea level cain" is prety hilarious though

nobody in the world can beat Chuck "With that look in his eye"

I don't know about that. Cain has shown a much more well rounded style than Miocic has by far.

Sure Miocic hits hard and the credentials before MMA to back up his ability in striking and wrestling. But in the cage he never puts it all together. He gets tagged hard in just about every fight and that is a dangerous game to be playing at HW. You never see him really mix up any of his wrestling ability with his strikes. He is almost just a rock em sock em robot in the cage.

I don't know what to think of Miocic. I surely don't look at him in the way you look at guys like Jon Jones, GSP, or Silva. Yet people want to compare him to all time greats.

Ive been lurking myself on sherdog for quite a few years before making an account, I have a vague memory that Dan Hardy posted on here many years ago or am I crazy?

Hardy is probably the best analyst out there. Loved his fighting, love his analysis.
If you're a Dan Hardy fan, I'd recommend checking out his book. Interesting dude, and very nice, in-person.

Back