If Conor is double stripped and doesn't fight again..How will you remember him?

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the most polarizing figures in MMA. Some adore him and call him an all time great, others say he was extremely overrated.

Personally I think the truth is somewhere in between.

If he's stripped and never fights again, I'll remember him as an upper tier fighter who had great durability and power.

I'll also remember him as someone who was helped tremendously by Dana and the UFC brass with favorable matchmaking, and a good dose of luck. Was it more than luck? Looks like we'll never find out.

He was a d*ck in some senses ( classic martial artists would slap him for the way he talked about other fighters), but at the same time, I always loved the way he mixed martial arts with philosophy in his interviews, and tbh he's outlook on fighting and life was very motivational in alot of ways.

Cliffs: Overrated by favorable matchmaking, but a great fighter nonetheless. Dude was a plumber less than a decade ago. From unclogging toilets to $100 million in the bank. That's a hell of a walk to make, and must be respected to some degree.

If he never fights again, how will you remember Conor McGregor?

Last edited:
Every time I look at my Conor inner thigh tattoo that covered up my Ronda one.

Last edited:
He did exactly what he said he was going to do get In get rich quick and get out with his health, can't knock dude

Overhyped one dimensional striker who never tested his overall mma abilities and ran from bad matchups. And lost to an over the hill small retired boxer.

I'll remember him always like this...

k3lix0.jpg

The best fight promoter we have ever seen.

The guy who got stripped of the title twice with zero defense.

Charismatic, rises to the occasion many times, ability to draw crowds, took fighter pay to a new level, fought for the money and knew how to capitalize.

As far as a champion and a fighter, not very high. He didn't defend either belt. Anyone can win the belt, to defend the belt defines a true champion.

I won't. He'll fade into obscurity once his other 'business' ventures fail miserably. He's a classless welfare leech who won the lottery. You can take the boy off the dole, but you can't take the dole attitude from the boy.

I'll go back to forgetting about him

As one of the most talenteed strikers in UFC history, who didn't fulfil his potential because he got too much too soon.

I won't. He'll fade into obscurity once his other 'business' ventures fail miserably. He's a classless welfare leech who won the lottery. You can take the boy off the dole, but you can't take the dole attitude from the boy.
i'm not a fan of connor, but do you have any idea of the unemployment rates in parts of ireland?

He was a good fighter that did not defend or fight all of the best fighters. He will never be considered an all time great.

if he truly never fights again he will be remembered similar to Bo Jackson. not that conor is the athlete that Bo was but they both had a short career that peaked extremely high for a short amount of time.

bo was a legend for the 4 years he played football and baseball. between "the throw", his home run on first at bat after football injury or his crazy football runs Bo was a phenomenon.

and conor was a phenomenon as well. lets see if his short career ages as well as Bo did. Bo still is a legend.

Back