NostraMMAus Predicts... Conor McGregor Will Retire Next Week

A

AronaBeatsJones

• UFC will strip McGregor to make Ferguson-Nurmagomedov for the undisputed title this weekend.

• McGregor has already maximized his earning potential with the Mayweather fight, and certainly won't be returning to fight in the UFC for $20MM pre-taxes.

• However, McGregor is locked into a UFC contract for four more fights and can't pursue more lucrative boxing bouts without them, so he is deadlocked.

• McGregor is also aware and leery of the dangers of fighting, having been affected by witnessing the death of Joao Carvalho: "Combat sport is a crazy game and with the recent incident in boxing and now this in MMA, it is a sad time to be a fighter and a fight fan. It is easy for those on the outside to criticise our way of living, but for the millions of people around the world who have had their lives, their health, their fitness and their mental strength all changed for the better through combat, this is truly a bitter pill to swallow. We have lost one of us."

• McGregor's life is also in the fast lane, living the wealthy life with the time it consumes. Doesn't have the time or commitment to continue to train the way he did when he actually needed money.

• And...
Get in. Get rich. Get out.

f7FdEdG.jpg

What a coward Mcgregor turned out to be.

He made money good for him but he will always be remember by me as the guy who ducked Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Later Conor let that eat away at you in retirement...

There is no reason to have your head smashed out by Khabib when you are already set for life. That beating he took from Floyd will have life lasting consequences already

Would be his best bet. He can pursue acting and sponsorships. He can litigate his way out of his contract then fight Diaz in a boxing or mma match thru his own promotion.

Well, hate to tell ya NostraMMAus, but Conor has been seen back in training and appears to be more serious about a comeback more than ever.

The REAL NostraMMAus, i.e. Me, says that Conor vs Ferguson will be announced during the UFC 220 broadcast, and that Khabib vs Eddie will be announced shortly after.

He reached his peak, now when he comes back he is just going to get embarrssed
by Khabib.

He gonna be another Rousey if he comes back.

He made money good for him but he will always be remember by me as the guy who ducked Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Later Conor let that eat away at you in retirement...

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

That's a simple minded approach to this situation.

If Conor doesn't fight again it will be everything to do with the UFC not paying him what he's worth and nothing to do with cowardice.

Only a hater/idiot would conclude otherwise.

You can't "he's right, you know" to your own post. That'd be like /thread-ing your own thread.

finally. let the coward get the fuck off from the sport. was good in popularizing it but that is it. his legacy is trash

Cowards don't become MMA fighters. The guy can do what he wants with his life... he doesn't owe you anything.

Good riddance, but i think the UFC will let him fight after succumbing to his blackmailing threats about retirement.

the longer he stays inactive, the more perjudicial.

Let the bitterness flow through you.
after beating aldo he didn't do shit worth notice. he got humiliated by a journeymen, then in the rematch barely won against him and somehow because of that he got a shot at the LW title?? he beat eddie but eddie is mediocre

I pray both parties can come to some kind of agreement where his retirement loss / fight is against Khabib.

Glad he made his money also glad he ruined his legacy over the last few months.. mma wins and he wins..

Where the FUCK did this reject come from? Piss off, you're an idiot.

This guy wishes he was Dee Devlin, calm down son. One day you can hopefully taste Colin's man salt.

GrouchyUntimelyJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

I've actually criticised him much more than I've complimented him on this board. Nice HBK gif though.

after beating aldo he didn't do shit worth notice. he got humiliated by a journeymen, then in the rematch barely won against him and somehow because of that he got a shot at the LW title?? he beat eddie but eddie is mediocre

Knocking out Alvarez inside of 1 round isn't worth notice? Eddie is a top5 LW and has been for the last decade, deal with it. I'm not a fan of Mcgregor but your criticisms don't even make sense.

Back