MMA Pros Pick - Stipe Miocic vs. Francis NGannou (UFC 220 - Boston)

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Wow, surprised to see how many folks are picking Stipe across the board. He's the smart money due to his skill-set and experience, but I thought I'd see it be a little more 50 / 50 on the picks.

Wonderboy, Colby, Blaydes, Marvin Vettori, Dustin Ortiz all picking Miocic.

Seems most think his wrestling and conditioning will be the difference.

Just pick The Predator thank me later...

The Predator.jpg

DragoTest.gif

Ohhhh look at all the pros picking Stipe

Fuck you cucks

Wow, surprised to see how many folks are picking Stipe across the board. He's the smart money due to his skill-set and experience, but I thought I'd see it be a little more 50 / 50 on the picks.

Not really any reason to pick Ngannou. The power is there and can change the fight, but most guys understand that isn't something you can consistently depend on, especially against a guy of Stipe's caliber. They aren't Sherdoggers, and won't act like them drooling over Ngannou. That doesn't mean Francis doesn't have a good shot to win, or the odds should be whatever the fighters picked, but it just goes to show this is Stipe's fight to win.

Reem is a pretty strong guy and he actually tried to tie up Ngannue at first...looking to take him down...but he literally couldn't move him...so it's not going to be easy to get this guy down.

I'm going Stipe. I feel Ngannou is still a bit green with experience and a bit too in love with his power

In all fairness you often see pros picking established fighters over unproven commodities, as well as picking the more likeable fighter. Ngannou's promotion by the UFC coupled with his slightly arrogant attitude of late (I personally think it's all a show to sell more, but people do buy into it) means that most pros will pick against him.

I mean technically they're not wrong either- Stipe is proven against top competition, Ngannou isn't. But in honesty, most people would have picked Shogun over Jones when they fought the first time. Most picked Barao over TJ. Hell, even Werdum vs Stipe very few people went with Miocic. Fact is, people get things wrong all the time and one day the up and comer proves himself as legitimate. I really think this is going to be Ngannou's watershed moment.

Curtis Blaydes is one of Stipe's wrestling coaches, a lot of people don't know this. also he fought Ngannou so I knew he would clearly pick Stipe.

Not really any reason to pick Ngannou. The power is there and can change the fight, but most guys understand that isn't something you can consistently depend on, especially against a guy of Stipe's caliber. They aren't Sherdoggers, and won't act like them drooling over Ngannou. That doesn't mean Francis doesn't have a good shot to win, or the odds should be whatever the fighters picked, but it just goes to show this is Stipe's fight to win.

I disagree. I think Ngannou's striking technique and strength is being grossly underestimated by many. The evidence suggests Stipe will not take this to the ground easily, and on the feet he is probably a superior technical striker- but Ngannou's outrageous speed and power will make him very, very wary. I mean, he got KTFO by freakin' Struve. He certainly doesn't have an iron chin.

this is ngannous first real test. if he passes it with flying colours, everyone has a reason to be scared. he's still relatively unproven, but if he manages to destroy stipe too, then people will begin to be scared of him for sure.

First, I hope it is a good fight for however long it lasts. Second, I'm picking Stipe to win just to see the HW record for most defenses FINALLY get broken.

Pfff.... does these guys even UFC brah?

Reem is a pretty strong guy and he actually tried to tie up Ngannue at first...looking to take him down...but he literally couldn't move him...so it's not going to be easy to get this guy down.
That and Ngannou showed he has the ability to get back to his feet when taken down (in the Curtis Blaydes fight who I think is a better wrestler than Stipe).

Stipe isn't evasive enough on the feet to avoid the power shot from Ngannou and his wrestling isn't good enough to consistently take Ngannou down and keep him down.

I don't see Stipe winning this fight. The only Top 10 HW he beat in their prime was Werdum who fought incredibly stupid.

First, I hope it is a good fight for however long it lasts. Second, I'm picking Stipe to win just to see the HW record for most defenses FINALLY get broken.

I kind of fell the opposite. Would like Ngannou to win just so the record wouldn't get broken.

Pros are so biased...

They usually have relations with one side or the other, so its hard to actually trust their picks

I disagree. I think Ngannou's striking technique and strength is being grossly underestimated by many. The evidence suggests Stipe will not take this to the ground easily, and on the feet he is probably a superior technical striker- but Ngannou's outrageous speed and power will make him very, very wary. I mean, he got KTFO by freakin' Struve. He certainly doesn't have an iron chin.

No one is underestimating his strength, if anything is technique is being overrated. It's gotten better of course over the years, but it's still soundly outmatched here. I'm also counting on Stipe not taking it to the ground easily, what Francis is discounted on is his grappling ability.

However, whats also being discounted is the better striker who hits hard as fuck too knocking out Francis.

And Stipe was never dropped with countless flush uppercuts, he most cerainly has a great chin.

Back