Who is the most underrated fighter of all time

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for me

Joseph Benavidez- His 4 losses are to ATG's DJ and Cruz. 2 of them were split decisions tthat could have went his way. There's a case to be made he has beaten everyone he has fought

And there's no doubt he's the clear #2 125er in the world rn and he hasn't even fought in 2 years. That's how good Joseph Benavidez is. Kinda hope he comes back one day tbh.

Another guy is Bibiano Fernandes. I know he's never fought in the UFC but he's an elite fighter that doesn't get enough respect just because he isn't in the UFC.

who are some for you

Another guy is Bibiano Fernandes. I know he's never fought in the UFC but he's an elite fighter that doesn't get enough respect just because he isn't in the UFC.
Came to say this. In terms of overall skillset, he's arguably top 10 in MMA (extremely well rounded).

Guy Metzger. Definitely overlooked as a well rounded pioneer of the sport. And although he is beloved on here (and rightfully slow) Sakuraba is often overlooked in all-time p4p lists. I mean his list of opponents are absolutely ridiculous considering his size. Honorable mention to Jake Shields.

Last edited:
chris lytle
toby imada
rani yaya
Lytle is 1 of my favorite fighters.There is threads about him often on here so I don't know if I would say he is underrated.Newer fans should watch all of his past fights though.He was good everywhere and a warrior.

TS gave some truly quality examples. Broseph Benavidez and Bibi have consistently been great throughout their careers. Bravo sir.

Tim Sylvia /thread

Defended belt yet ridiculed

tim-sylvia-ufc.0.jpg

put sean sherk on the list. he was a defending champ who only lost 4 times and all to HOF caliber fighters, and even while he was on top he was getting pretty much ignored.

put sean sherk on the list. he was a defending champ who only lost 4 times and all to HOF caliber fighters, and even while he was on top he was getting pretty much ignored.
The Muscle Shark was a horrible name. I liked him though.

And there's no doubt he's the clear #2 125er in the world rn and he hasn't even fought in 2 years. That's how good Joseph Benavidez is. Kinda hope he comes back one day tbh.
0514cfc40560a2258266440407e54c41c6b17-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg

Back