Daniel Cormier vs Rashad Evans, who would have won back at 170?

who wins

• DC

• RE

Results are only viewable after voting.

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
If Rashad didn't get injured and had to pull out.

From what I can remember, I think many people thought it was going to be a close fight.

Rashad just destroyed Chael (which was to be expected really) but had a close fight with Henderson and lost to Lil Nog but had a solid performance a year before that against Phil Davis.

While DC was making his first cut to LHW.

Kinda weird to see Rashad now on a 4 fight losing streak and 2 of them being to below average fighters.

I don't think they could make 170.

DC smashes any version of Rashad.
We say that now, after seeing him beat Gus/Johnson, but back then, I think most thought Rashad was going to win.

We say that now, after seeing him beat Gus/Johnson, but back then, I think most thought Rashad was going to win.
I still would have picked DC due to the fact he won the Strikeforce HW GP and had wins over Mir and Big Country.

DC smashes any version of Rashad.
yep.

Rashad's claim to fame really is beating Forrest for the belt...then getting murked by Machida. his 2nd claim to fame is losing 5 rounds to Jon Jones (if i remember correctly; i don't think anyone had it 49-46) in the octagon, and massive amounts of Jones-drama outside the octagon.

he was good. he beat Rampage (though Rampage almost TKFO'd him in the 3rd, and was too damn tired to follow up). in the era between Chuck and Jon he was probably 4th best out of 6; better than Forrest certainly, but worse than Shogun and Machida. he beat both Rampage and Hendo after this period, so many think he was better than those guys during that period - others disagree.

but all evidence suggests that when those guys were battling it out in 2007-2011 for the "best pre-Jone post-Chuck LHW" award, DC then or now could have beat them all.

that last sentence is purely opinion and speculative (like a GOAT statement), and i'm sure many others disagree.

yep.

Rashad's claim to fame really is beating Forrest for the belt...then getting murked by Machida. his 2nd claim to fame is losing 5 rounds to Jon Jones (if i remember correctly; i don't think anyone had it 49-46) in the octagon, and massive amounts of Jones-drama outside the octagon.

he was good. he beat Rampage (though Rampage almost TKFO'd him in the 3rd, and was too damn tired to follow up). in the era between Chuck and Jon he was probably 4th best out of 6; better than Forrest certainly, but worse than Shogun and Machida. he beat both Rampage and Hendo after this period, so many think he was better than those guys during that period - others disagree.

but all evidence suggests that when those guys were battling it out in 2007-2011 for the "best pre-Jone post-Chuck LHW" award, DC then or now could have beat them all.

that last sentence is purely opinion and speculative (like a GOAT statement), and i'm sure many others disagree.

Another claim to fame was knocking Liddell out and making him void his bowls.lol

He always looked promising and on the cusp of greatness...But never quite achieved it.

He had all the tools...Just something missing I guess.

Another claim to fame was knocking Liddell out and making him void his bowls.lol

He always looked promising and on the cusp of greatness...But never quite achieved it.

He had all the tools...Just something missing I guess.
his injuries and multiple sets of a year or two off were pretty brutal. and being forced out of Jackson couldn't have helped his career.

but that's the breaks. few guys like Bisping for whatever reason have longevity, and few guys reign at the top for more than 3 years. most guys are more like Rashad; peaking for a few short years.

i don't want to dog the guy. he was great in that 2007-2011 post Chuck pre Jones era. but between Jacksons and then injuries, he soon wasn't great anymore.

he got two massive PPV's. i hope he got points for them.

Who gives a fuck??? UFC 220 is round the corner

Stop living the in past you Muppet.

Rashad already had injuries back then and worked commentary.
Prime Rashad vs. not prime DC would be a close fight, but that's it.

Rashad was always a wrestler with 1 handed striking

his injuries and multiple sets of a year or two off were pretty brutal. and being forced out of Jackson couldn't have helped his career.

but that's the breaks. few guys like Bisping for whatever reason have longevity, and few guys reign at the top for more than 3 years. most guys are more like Rashad; peaking for a few short years.

i don't want to dog the guy. he was great in that 2007-2011 post Chuck pre Jones era. but between Jacksons and then injuries, he soon wasn't great anymore.

he got two massive PPV's. i hope he got points for them.

Machida made him extremely tentative and gunshy.

Machida made him extremely tentative and gunshy.
ya. i miss that Machida :) his timing & striking was so unique. from his win to Franklin to his to to Weidman, it was a fun dozen or so years.

it's too bad that some new fans only saw him after losing just a little bit of timing, turning him from spectacular to utterly mediocre, and then wondering what all the fuss is about.

What part of “DC beats every LHW ever, not named Jon Jones.” do people not get?

DC is better than rashad ever was, almost everywhere.

i think rashad only had a speed advantage.

Prime Chuck KO's DC

DC's wrestling differs from the men Liddell faced during his tenure.

For one thing, the strength and power alone is something Liddell has only encountered against Rampage...And we know how those two fights turned out.

Liddell would have been tossed around wondering "how the fuck is this guy doing this to me when Randy and the like couldn't?!"

That answer is simply that DC is two levels above the guys Liddell faced.

It would be a bad night for Tito and Randy had they faced DC.

Rampage is the only guy that has some of the aspects that DC has. Raw strength/power...Speed...Strong wrestling...And a great jaw.(Don't know how it will be now after the Jones kick though)

Methinks rashard would have probably done worse than pat cummings did.

Back