Underrated “WTF ref?” Moments?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Currently rewatching Hendo vs Babalu 2 on fight pass, lots of good fights & finishes on this card. Lawler flattening Lindland, Hendo wrecking Babalu, Daley KO’ing Scott Smith but holy fucking hell did the ref suck in the OSP/Radach fight. Dude was turtled up eating vicious ground and pound for almost the whole fight and ref actually STOOD THEM UP while OSP was pummeling his head into the canvas. Horrible

What are some other ref fuckups people dont mention much?

Early stoppage imo

4.gif

Early stoppage imo

4.gif
That was hard to watch

This one always gets me, Olaf was done, but instead of jumping in the fucking ref decided he to run across the cage to collect the gum shield and let Olaf take some nasty punches.
mccullough_alfonso.gif

Here's an equally tough watch of Olaf being murdered again, what the fuck ref? Stop it dude, seriously though, dude stop the fight! HE'S DEAD!!

I don't think it's underrated, but Munoz vs Weidman is the one that comes to my mind

That was hard to watch

This one always gets me, Olaf was done, but instead of jumping in the fucking ref decided he to run across the cage to collect the gum shield and let Olaf take some nasty punches.
mccullough_alfonso.gif

Here's an equally tough watch of Olaf being murdered again, what the fuck ref? Stop it dude, seriously though, dude stop the fight! HE'S DEAD!!

The worst is not even the ref it's the corner, how the hell can you not throw the towell watching this ? ...

When Herb Dean told David Teymur to engage when he was picking apart Drakkar Klose at range and on the counter.

Also offtopic but mauro ranallo is super fucking cringy and hard to listen to. Frank shamrock too with his god awful lisp. Thank god strikeforce had miletich

The worst is not even the ref it's the corner, how the hell can you not throw the towell watching this ? ...

Because Olaf was a guy who would never quit in a fight even from submission.
So they knew their fighter.

This is another, Mizugaki was out 10 seconds before the ref finally stops it. Prick checks his limp arm over and over before stopping it

Back