Jacare admits he thought about retiring after his shoulder injury.

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://forum.portaldovt.com.br/forum/index.php?/topic/184961-‘jacaré’-admite-que-pensou-em-aposentadoria-após-lesão-no-ombro/

Souza said this was the worst injury he´s ever had, even worse than when he won the 2004 bjj world against Roger Gracie in one of the most surreal moments in bjj competitions. I´m sure many of you guys remember, in that occasion, Roger broke Souza's arm but he continued the fight until the end.

timestamped

Souza is a warrior, I hope he comes back healthy and puts on some more great fights for us.

War Souza.

Quite frankly, it was a rather silly dilemma on his part.

We all know that the right time to retire is when the Sherdog forum dwellers tell you it's time.

War Jacare! Always a fan. I hope he comes back healthy, and mixes up his game more, take downs, grappling, etc.

Last edited:
He’s nearing the end and getting up their in age. Too bad, I really wanted him to win the belt

He’s nearing the end and getting up their in age. Too bad, I really wanted him to win the belt
he was always a few breaks away. his close fight with Luke. then all those years fighting nobodies, often because an opponent bailed late. and then Romero - even after the beatdown he got in round 1 he almost eked out the next two for the win (as undeserving as that would have been, heh).

such a thin line.

of course, even if he had beaten Romero it was too late; by that time Whittaker had come into his own.

at his age, i doubt his comeback will amount to much. but he's been a fun fighter to watch for over a decade. too bad there were so few top 5 fights. so far as i can tell, not his choice.

Jacaré: "Thank God I have a strong name in jiu-jitsu and wherever I start a gym the likelihood of me having enough students is good. In the future my dream is to be a jiu-jitsu teacher. This is my dream. Not MMA. MMA is not my thing. I like MMA, but what I love is jiu-jitsu."

Don't think we'll be seeing much more of Jacaré.

He should "retire," take some times off to get on tainted creatine to heal his injury, and then unretire to compete again.

UFC should’ve paid Moose instead of past prime Jacare

Back