Let's be real, Ben Askren would run through the UFC's WW division

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There is a reason the UFC refuses to sign him, Dana acknowledges that he would make the WW roster look bad. If Demian Maia could take down half of the top 10 with his cliche single leg attack, I guarantee you that a high level wrestler like Askren would nothing short of manhandle the entire division.
Granted, Askren's ground game is not on the level of Maia's, but his top control is elite and that would be just enough. In fact, way lesser grapplers like Usman and Colby have followed the same wrestling blueprint. The evidence is all there for us to acknowledge it, Ben Askren is in all probability the best WW in the world as of 2017

I thought it was because Dana thought he was boring as fuck back in the day?

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

S8T3eEL.gif

Lets be honest...Ben Askren's dumbass mouth did legit damage to his mma career and potential stardom.

There is a reason the UFC refuses to sign him, Dana acknowledges that he would make the WW roster look bad. If Demian Maia could take down half of the top 10 with his cliche single leg attack, I guarantee you that a high level wrestler like Askren would nothing short of manhandle the entire division.
Granted, Askren's ground game is not on the level of Maia's, but his top control is elite and that would be just enough. In fact, way lesser grapplers like Usman and Colby have followed the same wrestling blueprint. The evidence is all there for us to acknowledge it, Ben Askren is in all probability the best WW in the world as of 2017

They refuse to sign him because he's Jon Fitch 2.0

you need to face facts. Askren has 0 top wins in his career. Half of his opponents don't even have wikipedia pages.

giphy.gif

you need to face facts. Askren has 0 top wins in his career. Half of his opponents don't even have wikipedia pages.

He is Woodley's wrestling coach, people have stated that he is heads and shoulders above Woodley in wrestling. If Maia could do it, why do you think he can't? Askren's legit, unfortunately Dana White keeps selling wolf tickets and people believe UFC fighters are untouchable lmao

ben knows he cant. thats why he beat up old man aoki then "retired"

I don’t know how successful he’d be, but it’s a tragedy that we’ll never get to find out.

Let's be real, he would lose to a lot of unranked fighters in the UFC. Go have a look at the career of Antonio McKee. Same very limited wrestling-based MMA style, crushed all the cans in the shit-tier promotions. Though he did beat higher quality compared to Askren. McKee finally got his shot in the UFC, lost to a nobody on the prelims. i could see it going the same for Askren

You just described Habib.

Except I think his wiki-nobody number exceeds 50%.

Sapo was beating the ever-loving piss out of him before Ben eye poked him.

Back