lmao overrated Platinum Mike Perry proves how bad boxing MMA is

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mike Perry is a good boxer. That's it. Not a great boxer but a good decent boxer. He was able to get to where he is today with his good boxing. KOing MMA fighters left and right. But that's where it ends.

A high level fighter will be able to negate his boxing with good kicks and grapple as shown in the Ponzi fight. Perry had terrible kicks. They were awkward and just all around terrible.

Only his hands were good. I'm sorry to say but Platinum Nation has been derailed. He will never be a top 10 fighter. Maybe if he worked on his kicking and grappling. But that's a few years from now.

just take a look at his pro boxing fight...

Perry is overated indeed

He’s got a cpl things in common with Conor...

They’re both 0 - 1 in pro boxing. Having lost by stoppage. Their fanbases are incredibly pathetic. And neither will EVER defend a belt.

Yeah very rudimentary skills

He clocked Ponzi with a few right hands that sent him tumbling the opposite direction against the cage, if Perry had any viable left hook to speak of, he would've knocked Ponzi out cold a couple times

I disagree mate it s his boxing that needs work
He is a brawler not a technical fighter
And in the top ten you need to be a little bit more technical

They’re both 0 - 1 in pro boxing. Having lost by stoppage. Their fanbases are incredibly pathetic. And neither will EVER defend a belt.

How original.

And ts most people weren't claiming he was a great pure boxer. He has good Muay Thai.

at least Conor won 2 belt.

I can understand he got a fanbase....

Still don't get why some here like Perry...

Conor’s next fight is vs Tony what will you find to hate on him about then?

Good point about the 0-1 in boxing tho hahaha.

Shit is funny as fuck. (Only Plastic Perry lost vs some can and Conor lost vs Mayweather lol)

I'm no Perry fan but that guy is 25-3 in boxing.
whut?

hqdefault.jpg

maybe he needs a better camp. he definitely needs better cardio

Mike Perry is a good boxer. That's it. Not a great boxer but a good decent boxer. He was able to get to where he is today with his good boxing. KOing MMA fighters left and right. But that's where it ends.

A high level fighter will be able to negate his boxing with good kicks and grapple as shown in the Ponzi fight. Perry had terrible kicks. They were awkward and just all around terrible.

Only his hands were good. I'm sorry to say but Platinum Nation has been derailed. He will never be a top 10 fighter. Maybe if he worked on his kicking and grappling. But that's a few years from now.

"is a good boxer"

0-1 record, lossing by KO.

FaKcQx.gif

<36>

I don't think Platinum Nation really cares about wins or losses, we root for our guy regardless. We are not going anywhere. Ponzi is a fantastic fighter as is Jouban. Both were huge learning experiences.

Mike looked pretty sharp early. I'd like to see him work on his cardio and fundamentals moving forward. His heart and chin have gotten him this far, but definitely needs to refine his skills if he wants to hang with the elite. Maybe work with another camp or think about bringing other people into his camp for the next one. A couple of losses won't stop me from rooting for him. I mean hell, I'm a Kailin Curran fan for fucks sake <45>

Great fight nonetheless, WAR PLATINUM! WAR PONZ!

<{JustBleed}>

I wouldn't say he's that bad. Ppl always forget. The guy is only 26. It was his 13th pro fight and was already able to hang with a guy like Ponzinibio. He has lots of time to improve.

I disagree mate it s his boxing that needs work
He is a brawler not a technical fighter
And in the top ten you need to be a little bit more technical
I'm just saying boxing is his strong suit. If you think his boxing needs work, imagine his kicks and ground work. His works were absolutely horrible. He said he worked on his wrestling but they were terrible as well. Every take down attempt was stuffed and he got taken down a few times.

Yes, his boxing needs help but his other stuffs needs help even more. His legs were getting smashed.

Back