Perry reminds me of Chris Leben

Guld

The Last Chronomancer
@Brown
Reaction score
Both are heavy handed brawlers, have a solid chin, always coming forward for the finish, and are crowd favorites.

Fair comparison?

Leben was immensely more tolerable.
Haha, maybe.
I don't know....Leben did pee on a housemates bed and cried a lot on TUF. He was pretty salty by the end of his career as well....but I have a feeling that was due to financial issues and possible CTE.

I always thought of Perry as a young Phil Baroni myself but Leben is a fair comparison for the reasons you explained

Both are heavy handed brawlers, have a solid chin, always coming forward for the finish, and are crowd favorites.

Fair comparison?
Leben was way more talented than Perry. Leben also had a nice ground game, remember the sub on Akiyama? Epic.

I always thought of Perry as a young Phil Baroni myself but Leben is a fair comparison for the reasons you explained
Baroni's not a bad comparison either. It's kinda cool that we are the point in MMA now that we will start to see fighters that just remind us of a previous generation of fighter.

I actually think Perry is overall more talented and will go farther. I don't worship him like some of the dorks on here, but I do think he'll get closer to the belt than Leben did.

Leben was way more talented than Perry. Leben also had a nice ground game, remember the sub on Akiyama? Epic.
This, I think Perry has "better" stand up as far as quickness and what not, but Leben could do some work on the ground where I think Perry just want to throw bombs

Note: I think Perry can go a bit further than Leben but I don't see him holding a belt

I actually think Perry is overall more talented and will go farther. I don't worship him like some of the dorks on here, but I do think he'll get closer to the belt than Leben did.
No chance in hell imo. Leben was a better fighter everywhere and won against way better competiton than Perry has even faced. In fact there is no evidence to even imply that Perry will be better than Leben lol

before facing Anderson Silva, Leben was 5-0 in the UFC (15-1 overall)
Leben would probably had the Title shot with a win.

Perry will never get close to a #1 contender fight.

Leben >>>> Mike

The next question would be who's gonna Anderson Silva him?

No chance in hell imo. Leben was a better fighter everywhere and won against way better competiton than Perry has even faced. In fact there is no evidence to even imply that Perry will be better than Leben lol

I still feel like Perry is developing and early in his MMA career, where Leben is retired. So comparing their competition at this point is mute. Leben did have an underrated ground game. Perry's seems to be mostly defensive.

Very fair comparison. They are both a bit of bad boys and very exciting brawlers.

Who did Leben beat though?
-Swick
-The Akiyama finish was great
-And he beat Wanderlei in his career twilight.

Do you feel those wins are more than Perry will be able to achieve in his career?

Last edited:
For me, Perry looks like the retarded brother of Gastelum....same looks, a bit of different IQ and posture....Perry was the one locked down in the room when visits would come, so he wouldn't embarace even the family dog...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back