Danny Roberts post Mike Perry

bunt

A Goats eye is the GOAT eye
@purple
Reaction score
I don't think Danny was ever really known for his chin however hadn't suffered any stoppages until a 3rd round KO at the hands of Perry in a back and forth war.

Unfortunately I can't post either gif from my phone but the Perry knockout was brutal and Danny suffered at least 2 power shots when he was completely out cold.

Now fast forward to his fight against Taleb and he's put in serious trouble by a glancing foot slap of a headkick.

Was the headkick harder than it looked or did Perry do some serious damage to his ability to take shots?
Discuss.

The first thing you think about in the morning when you wake up is Mike Perry? Jesus.

perry did unrepairable damage

Nordine Taleb is on my favorite fighters and seeing him get another highlight reel ko was just amazing.

Too bad he didn't put it all together until later in his career. He seems to really find himself in the cage now but he is already 36.

War Algeria

Isn’t taleb Neymar’s bodyguard? That’s a mean gig, you need to be a proper tough dude to snag that job.

I think it was mostly that Danny thought he had it completely blocked and it caught his chin cause he misjudged the distance.

"The shot you don't see" type stuff

The first thing you think about in the morning when you wake up is Mike Perry? Jesus.
The thread is nothing to do with hyping Perry, it's about Dannys chin. Thanks for contributing.

I don't think Danny was ever really known for his chin however hadn't suffered any stoppages until a 3rd round KO at the hands of Perry in a back and forth war.

Unfortunately I can't post either gif from my phone but the Perry knockout was brutal and Danny suffered at least 2 power shots when he was completely out cold.

Now fast forward to his fight against Taleb and he's put in serious trouble by a glancing foot slap of a headkick.

Was the headkick harder than it looked or did Perry do some serious damage to his ability to take shots?
Discuss.

discuss what? Your stupid ass, speculative, seeing-what-you-wanna-see dumbass theory? Maybe he's been getting ko'd in training, maybe he woke up and hit his head on the head board that morning. To immediately start speculating it was perry who did it is asinine.

I like perry too. Was rooting for him on saturday

Mike Perry has power, no doubt.

I just think he needs to conserve it and explode at proper moments just like Vitor and Yoel.

Have your opponent scared of WHEN the blitz is gonna come.

Roberts is another one of these gym hero under achievers. I remember Chael and Rumble talking about this guy like he was the future. I actually thought he was going to kill Perry.
I guess it's back to the drawing.

On another note, UK fighters can never seem to break pass a certain level. Hardy got to a title shot then completely spiraled downward. It took Bisping over a decade to get a gift title shot, lucky win, and a pretty sorrowful title reign before losing to 2 welter weights.

Discuss.

Why don't you let Taleb kick you in the face and we can see how you handle it

discuss what? Your stupid ass, speculative, seeing-what-you-wanna-see dumbass theory? Maybe he's been getting ko'd in training, maybe he woke up and hit his head on the head board that morning. To immediately start speculating it was perry who did it is asinine.

I like perry too. Was rooting for him on saturday
Why would you come to an mma forum if it wasn't to discuss and speculate mma related topics you idiot. I'm not saying Perry has some godlike ability to destroy chins.

I'm saying the 3 round absolutely brutal war finalised with a clearly late stoppage could have compromised his chin. That should have been obvious from my first post.

The kid got dropped by Dom Steele

Let that sit in a little

His chin has never been his strong point

Back