Is Platinum Nation the first "fans" to revolve around only prelim/non top fighters?

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I see Perry has caught the eye of many casuals who can relate to the trailer lifestyle. So far this fan base has obsessed with fights involving only non top 10/prelim level fighters(red name on wikipedia level fighters etc) All fights whether win or lose, 1st rnd kos, back and forth brawls or decisions, involve fighters who probably couldn't even be sanctioned to fight the top 5 with another 3 wins(let alone actually stand a chance)

Not including TUF or fans of the show.

Is this the first time a fanbase has gathered around and/or focused all of their attention toward the non ranked/unheard of or "mediocre" type fighters?

Lol at Lord Platinum being classified as a "non-top" fighter.

You'll see. They'll all see.

aftao2fdtihm9zo6g.jpg

I see Perry has caught the eye of many casuals who can relate to the trailer lifestyle. So far this fan base has obsessed with fights involving only non top 10/prelim level fighters(red name on wikipedia level fighters etc) All fights whether win or lose, 1st rnd kos, back and forth brawls or decisions, involve fighters who probably couldn't even be sanctioned to fight the top 5 with another 3 wins(let alone actually stand a chance)

Is this the first time a fanbase has gathered around and/or focused all of their attention toward the non ranked/unheard of or "mediocre" type fighters?
I'm a fan of Perry and I don't even look at his interviews until recently. I'm just a fan of his fights and feel like he's a really talented guy. He always improves from fight to fight so it's a good chance that he'll climb up the ladder. Even the Ponzi fight is pretty close; if he doesn't get knocked down by the backfist he will definitely win the fight.

It began as a parody of extreme idiot Conor nuthuggers. They were coming out of the fucking walls. Proclaiming PMP the Goat was a mirror showing how fucking retarded Conor fans are.

Then it picked up speed because win or lose the guy is fun to watch. Timing was important: this was when we had two champs in Conor and Bising who were plainly ducking (with Conor still ducking).

Reading more into it than that is kind of a waste. Either you get it or you don't.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Perry and I don't even look at his interviews until recently. I'm just a fan of his fights and feel like he's a really talented guy. He always improves from fight to fight so it's a good chance that he'll climb up the ladder. Even the Ponzi fight is pretty close; if he doesn't get knocked down by the backfist he will definitely win the fight.
Yes. All this being based off of his competition(who still gets the better of him)

Lol at Lord Platinum being classified as a "non-top" fighter.

You'll see. They'll all see.

aftao2fdtihm9zo6g.jpg

He gassed in a round in a half yesterday

He literally displayed terrible sloppy striking, bad TDD and not good cardio

Good chin and decent power but he will literally never be top 10. He isn’t a good fighter

2/10... nice try

So a fighter has be in title contention to have fans? Is that how it works now?

I rep my favorite fighters win or lose regardless of records or title shots

The rest of you dorks can hop from sack to sack on whoever is holding the belt or had the latest flashy KO

Plat Nation is the truth and a bunch of members actually raised some money up for my cancer patient ass. Hespect to the nation and Mark Perry

Yes. All this being based off of his competition(who still gets the better of him)
Well yeah. Just because he's not on the top ten doesn't mean I can't get hyped. Look at Yair Rodriguez.

No the conor train picked up when he was unranked and before he became mma goat

s
It began as a parody of extreme idiot Conor nuthuggers. They were coming out of the fucking walls. Proclaiming PMP the Goat was a mirror showing how fucking retarded Conor fans are.

Then it picked up speed because win or lose the guy is fun to watch. Timing was important: this was when we had two champs in Conor and Bising who were plainly ducking (with Conor still ducking).

Reading more into it than that is kind of a waste. Either you get it or you don't.
salty retard detected.

Perry provides entertainment, both in his fights and his interviews. I happen to enjoy watching fighters that go in there and brawl, there are plenty of elite talents that I find boring to watch. I have always liked guys like the Diaz bros, Leben, Chris Lytle, and Platinum, yeah they may never hold the belt, but they put on exciting fights and that's what I enjoy.

I find it weird that people think they can't be a fan of someone because they have a few L's on their record. I choose to like fighters based on how entertaining they are, not because they have a fantastic record.

Last edited:

Then it picked up speed because win or lose the guy is fun to watch.

So much irony :D The reason "extreme idiot Conor nuthuggers" were "coming out of the fucking walls" is because "win or lose the guy is fun to watch."

Lauzon has had a lot of fans for years despite being around .500 in the UFC.

So much irony :D The reason "extreme idiot Conor nuthuggers" were "coming out of the fucking walls" is because "win or lose the guy is fun to watch."
But not a Goat. The stupidity was appalling. And he quickly became an all-time great serial ducker. So the parody fit. And eventually the Conor nuthuggers got humbled and some cried it out here, while the PMP guys just enjoy the dude's fights. Since he, yknow, fights.

It is a funny thing, no doubt. Ironic. Took me awhile but I def enjoy PMP.

Perry provides entertainment, both in his fights and his interviews. I happen to enjoy watching fighters that go in there and brawl, there are plenty of elite talents that I find boring to watch. I have always liked guys like the Diaz bros, Leben, Chris Lytle, and Platinum, yeah they may never hold the belt, but they put on exciting fights and that's what I enjoy.

I find it weird that people think they can't be a fan of someone because they have a few L's on their record. I choose to like fighters based on their how entertaining they are, not because they have a fantastic record.
You're talking to a huge Overeem fan. I'm fine with losses and not holding the belt.

If his entire career took place outside the top 10 I would like Valentijn just the same but stop pretending competitiom doesnt make a difference. Leben may not be a champ but he has got ko'd by Silva and Ko'd Wanderlie in seconds which is always more fun than Perry's wins or losses based on competition.

But not a Goat. The stupidity was appalling. And he quickly became an all-time great serial ducker. So the parody fit. And eventually the Conor nuthuggers got humbled and some cried it out here, while the PMP guys just enjoy the dude's fights. Since he, yknow, fights.

It is a funny thing, no doubt. Ironic. Took me awhile but I def enjoy PMP.

Perry mania and Conor mania are exactly the same thing, give or take a couple of belts, a few million fans and a hundred million dollars. Almost everyone is just having fun, laughing at the weirdos taking it too seriously :D

I like them both :cool:

Back