Who would Anderson have fought next?

KCMMAMouth

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Let's rewind a bit and say Anderson beat Weidman in their first fight. Who would he have fought next? Or would he have retired on top?

Could have seen him retiring and giving up the belt, eventually returning after a year or 2 to do fun fights (as he's doing now).

Champ or not, that Anderson paycheck is no joke.

Machida would have been cool at that point in time. Although they said they wouldn't fight I think?

Machida would have been cool at that point in time. Although they said they wouldn't fight I think?
I don't think either of them would accept against each other though. I think if he won, he has it cleared out and calls it good.

I don't think either of them would accept against each other though. I think if he won, he has it cleared out and calls it good.

Yeah, probably so. I don't think Mousasi was big enough to the casual fan at that point either. Plus his first UFC fight was at LHW.

Yeah, probably so. I don't think Mousasi was big enough to the casual fan at that point either. Plus his first UFC fight was at LHW.
He basically did himself a financial favor by losing. The Weidman rematch was a lot more profitable than whoever the next contender was at that point. GSP wasn't gonna do shit and him and Jones wouldn't fight

Strikeforce fighters were in the UFC by that time so he would have his hands full with Rockhold, Jacare, Romero or Kennedy.

God damn, those traps are legendary. Grunt his name while doing shrugs at the gym. VIIIITTTTTOOORRR VIIIIITTTOOOOOOR
ChiefDependentKronosaurus.gif

God damn, those traps are legendary. Grunt his name while doing shrugs at the gym. VIIIITTTTTOOORRR VIIIIITTTOOOOOOR
ChiefDependentKronosaurus.gif
Deflated Vitor here wouldn't scare a fly. TRT on the other hand can even scare god himself.

Prime Andy/Rockhold would've been a helluva fight

If he beat Chris via a tough decision then I can see him retiring and only coming for money fights. If he ran through Chris like nothing then hmm..

Not really. Anderson would drop him with a laser beam jab. Rockhold only throws predictable left kicks.

Rockhold had that wrestling threat to keep Andy more wary in the striking exchanges and especially after the Sonnen fights I think Andy would've been. That being said.... I think you're right about the result.

Rockhold had that wrestling threat to keep Andy more wary in the striking exchanges and especially after the Sonnen fights I think Andy would've been. That being said.... I think you're right about the result.
But he doesn’t shoot singles or double legs. You’re never gonna see him throw somebody in the air like Cormier. He’s just gonna clinch and go for a body lock takedown

But he doesn’t shoot singles or double legs. You’re never gonna see him throw somebody in the air like Cormier. He’s just gonna clinch and go for a body lock takedown

IIRC, I think Chael took him down with a body lock takedown as well right? I think if Sonnen could pull it off then Rockhold could as well. Of course, Rockhold doesn't have the wrestling credentials Sonnen does so I could be wrong.

IIRC, I think Chael took him down with a body lock takedown as well right? I think if Sonnen could pull it off then Rockhold could as well. Of course, Rockhold doesn't have the wrestling credentials Sonnen does so I could be wrong.
Nope, Sonnen always uses the double leg. Both Silva-Sonnen fights they barely clinched because majority of the time Sonnen took Silva down

Back