Finally Saw Gente Boa vs Perry.

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Well I finally took time off from fantasy football and fighting my hangover from last night, to watch Ponzi vs Tinfoil Perry.

And Perry looked worse than I even expected. Chin out, terrible footwork, gassed after 1 1/2 rounds, and terrible off his back. This guy has; aggression, big power (for 1 round), and a great chin in his tool kit. But that's about it. He'll last in the UFC as long as his chin does, which at this point I don't think it will be a long tenure.

Last edited:
Solid Post and thread 9/10

Just needed Ponzi’s spinning elbow knock down and maybe a Jouban Jab knock down gif.

Did you expect anything else?

Maybe true, maybe not, but it's certainly gonna be good fun whatever happens.

The Ponz is a great striker with a high ko rate, and eyepokes from hell, which changed the fight... Nothing to be ashamed of. He will be around for a long time.

The Perry fan girls will be in here shortly defending him with excuses and saying he was winning until a eye poke.Lmfao

I didn't really think either guy looked great, honestly. Ponz movement and attack was a bit better, but both of those guys were winging wild punches. Disappointing for two guys who label themselves as strikers.

Maybe true, maybe not, but it's certainly gonna be good fun whatever happens.

The Ponz is a great striker with a high ko rate, and eyepokes from hell, which changed the fight... Nothing to be ashamed of. He will be around for a long time.

lol you guys are something else... Perry is not at the same level as Ponzi

He's a top 15 WW. It is what it is. Not everyone can be champ.

Of course. I'm just tired of his fanbase making him bigger than he is. His competition has been lackluster, Jouban outclassed him FFS

I didn't really think either guy looked great, honestly. Ponz movement and attack was a bit better, but both of those guys were winging wild punches. Disappointing for two guys who label themselves as strikers.

Ponzi's footwork and accuracy were both off, I suspect he was being too wary of Perry's power.

Really?

I thought Perry would have done worse than losing 29-28. He got schooled by Jouban and Ponzi had just done this to someone way more elite than him

tumblr_ot7ebh4DxC1rofocqo3_500.gif

wait a minute! Was you talking about this fight and Perry's performance the entire day without actually watched it?

fight was close up to that backfist. its not like ponzi blew him out of the water or anything

He'll never be champ, but he'll give us lots of entertaining fights. Can't hate on the man for that.

It's becoming more likely that he ends up fulfilling the same purpose that Jeremy Stephens has at featherweight, which is putting on entertaining scraps while typically losing to the guys who could be on the verge of entering title contention. It's not really a knock on Perry, it just seems to me that's what he's best suited for with his current abilities.

Really?

I thought Perry would have done worse than losing 29-28. He got schooled by Jouban and Ponzi had just done this to someone way more elite than him

tumblr_ot7ebh4DxC1rofocqo3_500.gif

Gunni is elite?

Sorry but this is a bunch of limited Top 10-15 guys beating each other up.

Ponzi's not going to sniff that belt either.

Everybody getting worked up over guys fighting for the title of WW gatekeeper.

He busted Ponzinibbio for a round tho, and even kept catching him in the later rounds.

Now, I love Mike and all, and also have been thinking of Ponz as a real title contender, but this fight made me change my mind about Ponizinibbio's skills at this moment. He fought a guy that was mostly a one and done striker, who rarely set his strikes up and even threw some that were telegraphed, and who he also held a speed advantage over, yet he kept getting caught and hurt by right hands.

Had he been in there with a more polished guy, he would have probably gotten finished. That being said, it could have been due to Mike's pressure. Hard to think that Jouban did way better than Santiago against Mike.

I do think Mike has been steadily improving since his debut, but he clearly has a ways to go before he becomes a true threat to the top 10.

fight was close up to that backfist. its not like ponzi blew him out of the water or anything
Exactly. People are acting like Santiago put on a master class performance when he was getting hurt several times himself.

It clearly wasn't a bad performance by Mike, seeing as how he didn't get utterly dominated like many people expected or hoped for.

Back