3 lessons I´ve learned after UFC Winnipeg Lawler vs RDA

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
1st lesson:
Last night I learned that losing to top guys like Rumble Johnson and A. Gustafsson doesn´t necessarily mean you´re washed up or "never that good" like sherdog tried to tell me about Glover. I guess a 1st round KO over the # 7 ranked guy (who's 8 years younger) proves Teixeira is still a top fighter.
giphy.gif

2nd lesson:
Being 5 or 10 pounds lighter than your opponent doesn´t automatically mean you lost the fight, as already evidenced by Whittaker at MW and yesterday even more by RDA's masterful performance, dominating the toughest guy in the WW division. Although the same sherdoggers who were saying Lawler was too big and strong for RDA, will now say he lost because he is too old and past his prime.
RDA.gif

3rd lesson:
Perry hits hard and........................ that´s it. Not a top 10 material. He is way too stiff and lacks fluidity. I was gonna say that he "got exposed" again, but you can´t really expose him, since nobody (besides his delusional fans) really believed he was that good to begin with to "be exposed". His 4 or 5 fans will have to find another hype train to jump on. Maybe the stupid "platinum jokes" will stop. Probably not.
giphy.gif

totally agree, especially about Perry, who is a tough guy who hits hard...nothing more

All of that is common sense and unless you just started watching MMA you should already known before those fights.Also do not read Sherdog forums to get knowledge about MMA.Sure some on here know a lot about the sport but the majority do not know wtf they are talking about.

All of that is common sense and unless you just started watching MMA you should already known before those fights.
Maybe you should sherdog a little more before saying this is "common sense" around here. And one more thing for you, ALL the fighters on this video pick Lawler because he is "too big and strong" for RDA. So perhaps it´s not so common sense for the fighters as well, but maybe they just started watching MMA now like me you know, as you so "intelligently" put it.

All of that is common sense and unless you just started watching MMA you should already known before those fights.Also do not read Sherdog forums to get knowledge about MMA.Sure some on here know a lot about the sport but the majority do not know wtf they are talking about.
In TS’ defense, common sense is not commonly appied at Sherdog

You just learned those things last night?

Filthy casual.

<DisgustingHHH>

Maybe you should sherdog a little more before saying this is "common sense" around here. And one more thing for you, ALL the fighters on this video pick Lawler because he is "too big and strong" for RDA. So perhaps it´s not so common sense for the fighters as well, but maybe they just started watching MMA now like me you know, as you so "intellingently" put it.

Maybe I should Sherdog a little more ?Just because a pro fighter is 5 pounds lighter like you said dont mean he has no chance and I do not care if another pro fighter tells me I'm wrong or not.

Agree except for Glover. He looked really slow and immobile. He was getting lit on the feet badly.

3rd lesson:
Perry hits hard and........................ that´s it. Not a top 10 material. He is way too stiff and lacks fluidity. I was gonna say that he "got exposed" again, but you can´t really expose him, since nobody (besides his delusional fans) really believed he was that good to begin with to "be exposed". His 4 or 5 fans will have to find another hype train to jump on. Maybe the stupid "platinum jokes" will stop. Probably not.
giphy.gif

I'm not sure we really learned that as much as we just had it confirmed. Like you said, he's got a loud fanbase, but that's about all they have going for them.

Another disappointed Perry fan??
I´m sorry bro. You thought he was gonna ko Ponz with those "black belt" hands, right?

Lol no. I laughed when Ponzi Scheme beat him at his own game.

From what he has shown so far, Perry will most likely never be an elite WW... But everyone who is not a filthy casual hipster knew that when he lost to the male model... lol

I'm glad you learned your lesson last night son.

Lol no. I laughed when Ponzi Scheme beat him at his own game.

From what he has shown so far, Perry will most likely never be an elite WW... But everyone who is not a filthy casual hipster knew that when he lost to the male model... lol

I'm glad you learned your lesson last night son.
<mma4>

If you thought RDA had no chance because he was a little smaller that is dumb.
You got it wrong, m8. You´re saying I thought RDA had no chance. It´s the opposite. If you saw all my posts and threads before the fight you would know.

The reason of the thread is to mock those people who thought RDA didn´t have a chance because "Lawler is too big". Even the fighters said the same thing over and over, that´s why I posted the video too. So, it´s not so "common sense" as you´re saying. A lot of people including all the professional fighters in the video still think a few more pounds is all that matters.

Back