Make Woodley vs GSP & RDA vs Colby?

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After their latest wins, the top two contender in the stacked welterweight division are now Rafael Dos Anjos and Colby Covington.
I think UFC should make them fight for the following reasons:
  1. Do it in Brazil. This fight would be greatly hyped and exciting in this location due to Brazil and Colby's mutual intense hatred. RDA is really the only top Brazilian in that division now.
  2. Nobody wants to see Woodley vs Colby. (Sorry it's just true).
  3. The winner would be an undeniable #1 contender. UNDENIABLE, Tyron.

As for the champion Woodley, he is having an injury or surgery or something now, so may not be able to return soon, likewise GSP has significant weight to lose to fight at 170lb limit again.
Therefore I think the timeline can work. And surely nobody would deny the undefeated former champ St George a shot at regaining the belt he never lost, right?

What do u think? Agree or disagree?

giphy.gif

GSP won’t fight for a while.

So instead, how about Woodley vs RDA?

And Colby vs Wonderboy.

A culmination between RDA vs GSP would be ideal.

GSP wouldn't do it.

RDA thinks he has the right for the TS and will be a prima donna about it.

Would be awesome though. And with Woodley's surgery, they will need to come with something up.

Colby doesn't deserve that fight.
He just dominated Maia, who was ranked equally high to where RDA is now.... i don't think he deserves a title shot but he definitely deserves a #1 contender fight.

GSP wouldn't do it.

RDA thinks he has the right for the TS and will be a prima donna about it.

Would be awesome though. And with Woodley's surgery, they will need to come with something up.
RDA is a prima donna? He sounded pretty humble in the post fight speech while stating his case for a title shot.

And why won't GSP do it? He is coming to 170 and cares about the belt and his legacy more than anything

Colby said he won't go back to Brazil again and I agree he shouldn't cause he can seriously get attacked. But RDA vs Colby for #1 contender sounds good but I don't think GSP will be back anytime soon if ever. To be honest, I'm not that interested in Woodley vs GSP it sounds boring on paper but I'm interested in seeing who would win so I contradict myself.

GSP ain't fighting anyone but Conor..

It's a stock market thing...some fluctuating sh!t..

RDA is a prima donna? He sounded pretty humble in the post fight speech while stating his case for a title shot.

And why won't GSP do it? He is coming to 170 and cares about the belt and his legacy more than anything

I’m sure GSP will want to fight for the WW title at some point, but do you really think he’s going to fight again right away?
He just made millions...he’ll probably spend 6 months shopping for high end art and eating at fancy restaurants.

After their latest wins, the top two contender in the stacked welterweight division are now Rafael Dos Anjos and Colby Covington.
  1. Do it in Brazil. This fight would be greatly hyped and exciting in this location due to Brazil and Colby's mutual intense hatred. RDA is really the only top Brazilian in that division now.

As for the champion Woodley, he is having an injury or surgery or something now, so may not be able to return soon, likewise GSP has significant weight to lose to fight at 170lb limit again.
Therefore I think the timeline can work. And surely nobody would deny the undefeated former champ St George a shot at regaining the belt he never lost, right?

Impossible.

No Rush is sick to death.

Would love to see Woodley vs GSP but RDA vs Covington makes no sense. If RDA is going to fight, his next fight should be for the WW title.

Oh yeah... totally forgot about his illness.

They should make RDA vs Colby ASAP then, and have the winner challenge Woodley when he's back from recovery.
I believe he could be back real quick if someone on BS-Ping level could take the belt at WW...

GSP cares about money and himself. His "legacy" is tarnished by ducking an entire division altogether.

RDA can seem humble and all...but he's not. That's his face for the cameras. He now wants the TS and won't agree to anything less.

Colby Covington...smh. These new fans love fighters trying to be WWE stars on the mic. His trash talk is legit trash and makes people cringe to hear him speak. He wants to get a shot at the title by acting like Conor and throwing insults youd hear from Chael. He needs to beat a name that isnt a 40 year old Demian Maia.

I like the idea of gsp v Tyron but I don't think anyone knows if gsp can/will compete again. So in that case rda/Colby makes sense for an interim belt as Tyron will be mostly shelved for 2018.

In the case of gsp returning I'd assume he'll know by spring/summer if he'll be able to fight comfortably. So then gho ahead and book Tyron v gsp towards late summer early fall and look to unify at the end of the year

Colby doesn't deserve that fight.
He beat Maia #3. RDA beat Lawler #2. Why not? It's also a fight which would have hype for days. They could coach TUF too. You just hate him that's why u think he doesn't deserve it.

Back