Amidst the lack of PPV draws, do you think USADA/the UFC will play it nice with Jon 'Bones' Jones?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Jon Jones, besides being the arguably the most talented fighter to ever step in the Octagon - is also one of the hugest PPV draws, ranking below only Conor, GSP, Ronda and maybe Brock. Unfortunately, these fighters are either retired or on the shelf. Jon Jones is the only fighter fit to fight, besides Conor.
The UFC is a business after all, if this moral crusade against steroids starts hurting their profits, they'll certainly act against it. IMO Jon Jones gets a retroactive 1 year suspension, and will be able to fight again for the company in late 2018. What do you think?

Submission Radio had Winklejohn on their podcast this week and I don’t know if it was a slip of words but one of the guys said something about Jones B sample coming back negative. Winklejohn responded by saying that they were confident it would be resolved early 2018.

So did I miss something? Did the B sample come back negative and they just didn’t put any info out or did they just Word the question wrong and I’m looking too far into it?

A lot of people around here going to be eating crow if so.

The UFC can't get rid of USADA, but they can direct USADA away from their star fighters. USADA is not working independently from the UFC, they are contracted, so the UFC can make stipulations.

It makes NO SENSE being anti-science and technology in a sport prone to injuries. If the Olympics want to be science and technology free, let them. But major entertainment sports should do WHATEVER it takes to make sure the best athletes are competing.

Being anti-science and technology is pure ignorance if you ask me. LOL

Somebody new always comes along, always. As an organization that draws talent the ufc will never have to rely on an individual fighter.

Money doesn't make something right, it's the other way around. Jones has blown every chance he's been given, which was already way more than other people would get. Now they should throw the whole book in his sneering face.

I've always wondered if Chael had held on to beat Anderson, would the UFC and CSAC do some smoky room negotiations to keep him from a PED suspension.

Jon Jones, besides being the arguably the most talented fighter to ever step in the Octagon - is also one of the hugest PPV draws, ranking below only Conor, GSP, Ronda and maybe Brock. Unfortunately, these fighters are either retired or on the shelf. Jon Jones is the only fighter fit to fight, besides Conor.
The UFC is a business after all, if this moral crusade against steroids starts hurting their profits, they'll certainly act against it. IMO Jon Jones gets a retroactive 1 year suspension, and will be able to fight again for the company in late 2018. What do you think?

No, USADA is going to retire this piece of shit.

DJ is the most talented fighter to ever do it and why are fans always worried about PPV buys and Sponsor/Network deals?
Let the UFC the Promoter worry about PPV sales and Network deals and the fighters worry about sponsorship etc and enjoy the entertainment they put on for the fans.

DJ is the most talented fighter to ever do it and why are fans always worried about PPV buys and Sponsor/Network deals?
Let the UFC the Promoter worry about PPV sales and Network deals and the fighters worry about sponsorship etc and enjoy the entertainment they put on for the fans.
Demetrius Johnson? Lmao JJ is at least 2 fold as talented as him, and that is a fact

Jones is *literally* DC's daddy at this point.
How many drug tests has he failed? I did not know PED users could be considered so since that is the case let's bring Anderson Silva back in the conversation and maybe throw Vitor in there since we are ignoring the 800lb elephant in the room

Demetrius Johnson? Lmao JJ is at least 2 fold as talented as him, and that is a fact
How many drug tests has he failed? I did not know PED users could be considered so since that is the case let's bring Anderson Silva back in the conversation and maybe throw Vitor in there since we are ignoring the 800lb elephant in the room

I mean I'd rank Anderson above Jones.

But doesn't change the fact that Jones is DC's daddy.

If PEDs made champions, everyone would be Jon Jones.

DJ has never ever beaten someone as good as Lyoto Machida, who's not even a top 3 win for Jones. I'm sorry but this is all well documented

That would be quite the opposite I'm afraid... That's like getting pulled over by a cop in a small town and assuming that he will let you go because he's "bored".

DJ has never ever beaten someone as good as Lyoto Machida, who's not even a top 3 win for Jones. I'm sorry but this is all well documented

He also lies because the second time on them and that is well documented.
It does seem that the casuals think that Jon Jones beat all these guys and then decided to start using PED's when he met DC lol.

Back