In hindsight, Khabib's domination over RDA was one of the most impressive display of skills

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In the entire MMA history. No one has ever dominated RDA like this. Khabib MANHANDLED him throughout tree rounds. Before anyone says something about his striking, even Master Rafael Cordeiro acknowledged that they were even on the standup - destroying the myth that Khabib's standup sucks. Honestly that version of Khabib is the best fighter we have ever seen, maybe second to a prime Jon Jones

shhhhh everytime you mention his name his injury chance goes up

Yah it was good

But Khabib can't make 155 anymore so...

In the entire MMA history. No one has ever dominated RDA like this. Khabib MANHANDLED him throughout tree rounds. Before anyone says something about his striking, even Master Rafael Cordeiro acknowledged that they were even on the standup - destroying the myth that Khabib's standup sucks. Honestly that version of Khabib is the best fighter we have ever seen, maybe second to a prime Jon Jones

<YeahOKJen>

For me the most impressive is the fact that almost 4 years after that fight Khabib couldnt show up more than two times while Rafael is getting close to his second UFC belt.

shhhhh everytime you mention his name his injury chance goes up

if all of sherdog says Khabib 3x into a mirror he will not get injured. Its an ancient Sufi ritual.

I dunno that was before RDA went on his run.

T-Ferg and Alvaraz both beat RDA in 2016, more impressive wins IMO.

Lol, RDA went into the fight injured and took hardly any damage, just lay under the Khabib blanket for 3 rounds. Eddie knocked RDA out, yet Khabibs 15 minute hug is more impressive? Love your logic. Why did Khabib turn down several challenges from RDA following the fight?

Lol, RDA went into the fight injured and took hardly any damage, just lay under the Khabib blanket for 3 rounds. Eddie knocked RDA out, yet Khabibs 15 minute hug is more impressive? Love your logic. Why did Khabib turn down several challenges from RDA following the fight?
Well I don't like to do this, but have you watched the fight ? It was a standing TKO. Khabib outclassed him in every facet of the game, this was far more impressive. Specially considering that RDA's background is grappling

We don’t know how much RDA improved after that fight.

That might have been a similar RDA to the one who destroyed Nate and Pettis, but maybe not.
Khabib’s win would be more impressive if that was indeed the same RDA (not clear at all), as Eddie caught RDA and anyone can get caught (Serra/GSP, Bisping/Rockhold, Fujita almost against Fedor etc.), while a 15 or 25 minute domination indicates more about how the fight would go if they fought 100 times.

Oh ya sherdog where Dec wins are more impressive than actual finishes.

This isn't 2014.
Khabib's striking does suck.
Eddie finished RDA in less than 4 minutes, Khabib couldn't in 3 full rounds.
RDA has improved dramatically.
Khabib is still unreliable and undisciplined.
At his current rate, never in the history of MMA will Khabib ever be in consideration for GOAT talks, period.

If you can't accept any of these as facts, perhaps you should revisit thinking.

Oh ya sherdog where Dec wins are more impressive than actual finishes.

They most certainly can be....

I know I sure as hell am more impressed by someone completely dominating another top fighter every round, than someone pulling a finish out of their ass after losing most of the fight.

Then again, I honestly don't expect most of today's fans to grasp this very basic concept.

lol where you getting all these lies from? Desperate much?

For me the most impressive is the fact that almost 4 years after that fight Khabib couldnt show up more than two times while Rafael is getting close to his second UFC belt.
So salty. It's ok though.

I dunno that was before RDA went on his run.

T-Ferg and Alvaraz both beat RDA in 2016, more impressive wins IMO.

RDA was on a 5 fight win streak before he lost to Khabib, with notable wins over Donald Cerrone, Evan Dunham, and Kamal Shalorus.

Don't act like RDA was some nobody before he fought Khabib.

Back