do Bellator Fighters make good money?

Drew Peasack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
are guys like Phil Davis, Ben Askren, Ryan Bader and Rory Mac getting good paychecks as apposed to their UFC careers?

Why Do you think lots of Them jump out of the UFC boat to go There ?

Why Do you think lots of Them jump out of the UFC boat to go There ?
because they keep losing. I have yet to see a guy in the UFC become super successful, undefeated then say "hey Im going over to Belator"

its usually after a string of losses or constantly losing titleshots

Ben Askren? The retired sleep therapist?

UFC is probably still the best paying org. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t believe that Bellator has restrictions on sponsorship like the UFC’s Reebok deal, so some guys may actually make better sponsorship coin in Bellator.

Whut ?!?
Bader & Mousasi were about to get title shot before leaving

Go away
Bader was just KTFOd by rumble and knew he would never get the belt at 205, at heavyweight and was too big to make the 185 cut so he dipped

Moose has always complained about the UFC. hes the exception

Don’t they still have fighters in 1k/1k deals, and possibly even less?

Most of the Bellator fighters get a fraction of the UFC fighters. A handful of the better known guys do well per fight, but are lucky to fight twice a year. They can have sponsors, but sponsors won’t pay much for Bellator exposure, because there isn’t a lot of exposure compared to a UFC fight.

because they keep losing. I have yet to see a guy in the UFC become super successful, undefeated then say "hey Im going over to Belator"

Other guys leave because they want their sponorship money. It's fucked up that the UFC brass has basically taken money away from their fighters just cause..

Basically look at the payouts for a typical UFC card, and then cut them down by about 50-75%.

Their lower tier guys get 2k +2k. Mid tier are around 30k-50k, without a win bonus on top. High tier may get 50k +50k, or a legend name may get a flat 100k-300k.

It's basically only good if your mid-tier or above, and can get some solid sponsors.

2k +2k is the new deal it appears. However there a couple guys stll on the 1+1...

Bader was just KTFOd by rumble and knew he would never get the belt at 205, at heavyweight and was too big to make the 185 cut so he dipped

Moose has always complained about the UFC. hes the exception
Bader was coming out of a Win Vs Lil Nog , latifi before that.
Yes he lost vs Rumble
But before that he was on a 5 fights winning Streak.

Rumble failed twice Vs Cormier.

He was probably next

Yes, I think they have contracts where you pay Bellator $500 to show, and Bellator pays you $500 if you win, so you breakeven. If your opponent doesn't make weight, you have to pay 20% of the $500 that he pays Bellator.

yeah but are waitresses sponsored by condom depot and dynamic fasteners?

no. but she doesnt have to give 20% of her wages to the chef, 20% to the waitress school she went to, and 10% to the guy who made her pen and notepad

like mousasi?

Bader was just KTFOd by rumble

Just KOd, as in, a year and a half and two fights ago. He was still in line for a TS, and his loss to Rumble is irrelevant because AJ retired....

Back