ACTUALLY

DeformedGravy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As of last night DC has officially become my least favorite commentator in the UFC, which is saying something because before that it was Anik and I found myself relieved when he would take over from Cormier.

DC had to have used the word "actually" a record number of times last night, even for him. It seemed like a minimum of 3x per fight, plus in between commentary. By RDA vs Lawler I was dying, I muted the TV I couldn't take it any more.

I like DC but man I actually can't actually take it anymore actually.

I didn't record the event so I can't go back and check to see this but I'm curious how many times you think he said it throughout the night, my guess is 60 times.

<DCrying>

As of last night DC has officially become my least favorite commentator in the UFC, which is saying something because before that it was Anik and I found myself relieved when he would take over from Cormier.

DC had to have used the word "actually" a record number of times last night, even for him. It seemed like a minimum of 3x per fight, plus in between commentary. By RDA vs Lawler I was dying, I muted the TV I couldn't take it any more.

I like DC but man I actually can't actually take it anymore actually.

I didn't record the event so I can't go back and check to see this but I'm curious how many times you think he said it throughout the night, my guess is 60 times.

<DCrying>
messed up fighter names a bunch, too.

Theres a reason broadcasting degrees exist. Broadcasting positions shouldn't go to athletes anymore than people with broadcasting degrees should hop in the cage....

Theres a reason broadcasting degrees exist. Broadcasting positions shouldn't go to athletes anymore than people with broadcasting degrees should hop in the cage....
Yeah I got a good laugh out of Mark Perry.

DC >>>>>> Anik.

Ariel Helwani should have had Jon Anik's job, but Dana White is too much of a buffoon to put his butt-hurt aside, and give the job to the best qualified person in MMA circles.

He needs to stop calling Anik "J.A."

Anik is a dork who doesn't deserve his initials as a nickname.

DC >>>>>> Anik.

Ariel Helwani should have had Jon Anik's job, but Dana White is too much of a buffoon to put his butt-hurt aside, and give the job to the best qualified person in MMA circles.
Are you actually ok with actually? He actually said it almost every actual sentence.

He's learning. I like him. He doesn't take himself too seriously and he isn't afraid to have a joke around.

He's learning. I like him. He doesn't take himself too seriously and he isn't afraid to have a joke around.
I like DC. He cracked me up with the drawing tool thing on the replays. But I've said it before on here that he says "actually" a lot and I think he set a record last night.

Hes like teenage girls throwing "like" in every other word.

Felder is way better than DC, and DC has been at this for a while.

Not a fan, tbh.

Maybe there is truth to that, but looking at other sports it is pretty common for retired athletes to get broadcasting duties. I do wish the UFC would utilize retired fighters instead of active ones for the sake of un-bias, though I think Cruz, Felder, and to a lesser extent DC do a good job.

Maybe there is truth to that, but looking at other sports it is pretty common for retired athletes to get broadcasting duties. I do wish the UFC would utilize retired fighters instead of active ones for the sake of un-bias, though I think Cruz, Felder, and to a lesser extent DC do a good job.

Too bad they burn bridges with all the retired guys <{outtahere}>

Dont get me wrong, i dont think other sports should do it either. Maybe certain retired coaches on a one off basis who can give you a read on things you dont see, but not players. If players want those jobs, they have plenty of time to get those degrees while in college or to take courses while competing so they walk into the job competent in their duties.

RDA had Robbie down for about 40 seconds and lands 0 strikes in the 3rd round and DC says "That's 2 minutes of control for RDA"

DC is very wrestling biased. One fighter will out strike an opponent but get taken down for 15 seconds and DC talks like its an even round.

RDA had Robbie down for about 40 seconds and lands 0 strikes in the 3rd round and DC says "That's 2 minutes of control for RDA"

DC is very wrestling biased. One fighter will out strike an opponent but get taken down for 15 seconds and DC talks like its an even round.
As a wrestler I expect that kind of bias from him. Just like Joe Rogan will be biased when anyone who has trained under Eddie Bravo hits the mat with an opponent.

The real issue here is the word ACTUALLY <{clintugh}>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back