165lbs would be a stacked division right off the bat.

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There are TOO many LWs that are ridiculously talented that aren’t able to sniff the Top 15 without politics.

It is the most prestige weight in combat sports.

I mean, just by example look at RDA tearing up higher weights and looking great. There’s a guy Mairbek Taisumov who’s like #30 or some shit that would kill guys in the Top 10.

Dos Anjos
Gunner
Wonderboy
Masvidal
Covington
Ferguson
Khabib
Nate @165

Last edited:
Having too many weight classes is ridiculous. There will be too many 2 division champions and divisions will be empty.

Yeah, sure, add another class just 5 lbs below the WW limit.

Shertards are the dumbest people on the planet.

Um... you realize 170 would go away and there would be a 175 lb division, right?

Maybe if we didn't already have too many divisions but as of now I'm not interested.

This shit gonna boxing in no time, at least we may complain less when Champs holds up entire divisions.

Kevin Lee approves this message

Having too many weight classes is ridiculous. There will be too many 2 division champions and divisions will be empty.

That’s what I’m trying to tell you, #30 Mairbek Taisumov can beat anyone on any given night. That’s why I gave you suppprtive evidence. LW will not be empty. That answers your question.

I bet you’ve never even lost 5 lbs by running you fat nerd. Go train and put some things into perspective.

Why the hell would they make a weight class 5 pounds lighter than WW? What a stupid idea.

Not always a bad thing. Boxing has too many weight classes and people with Championship wins in a bunch of "divisions". I would make it a clause where if you win a new title, it would mean relinquishing the one you already had. Also only allowed after you defend a certain amount of time or clear the top contenders list.

I mean, it opens the door for more people to shine and develop into future stars or great fighters. I wouldn't shut the door on it so quickly.

if you did that you would have to add a 195lb division and then you could restrict them to only cutting 10 lbs and they would perform better and be safer but then you start pissing people off.

At this point in time it would just end up watering down divisions that are already successful. You would effectively split up 155 and 170 leaving less competition in any of the newly created divisions all in the name of having more divisions. There's no benefit to it really, just make a decision as it stands now...fight @ 155 or fight @ 170.

I don't see the need for any new weight classes unless you are going to make something between 205 and 265. Do we really want another Conor holding up a division for another year? Who cares.

Why the hell would they make a weight class 5 pounds lighter than WW? What a stupid idea.

Force huge 170lbers up to 175 and small/medium 170lbers to 165 & make huge 155lbers move to 165. It would make people fight more at their natural weight class & there's enough talent in both 155 & 170 to make 165. 195lb weight class is retarded due to lack of depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back