RIP Robert Follis

License to Kill
@Silver
Reaction score
Robert was my first instructor at Team Quest RIP

Updated: This was a suicide

Last edited:
Wow, the guy was still pretty young. What happened?

RIP brother

Edit:looks like a self inflicted gun shot (just what I read)

I can only assume what happened atm but...kinda seems like well...

Dewey Cooper‏@DeweyCooper 5h5 hours ago

"A friend is a person who is there for you when you need an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on. We are friends and I am terribly sorry that my ear or shoulder wasn't enough to help you get through difficult times. We love and respect you Coach/Partner/Friend! RIP Robert Follis"

That guy was always in Chris Leben's and Nate Quarry's corner. R.I.P.

suicide?! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fuck man

Life is always one bold move away from changing. You just have to have the balls to do it. There is never a need for suicide..

RIP Too bad someone wasn't able to stop it before it happened...

He recently left Xtreme Couture due to not being on great terms with other coaches/trainers. In an interview with Xtreme Couture's Eric Nicksick (gym manager/coach) he mentioned that Follis has had a history of leaving other gyms for the same reasons.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/xtreme-couture-eric-nicksick-opens-up-on-robert-follis-departure

Obviously Follis wasn't in a good place mentally and appeared to be fed up with everything as far as his job/career goes (and perhaps some other things we don't know about) enough to where he felt the need to take his own life.

With that said Rest in peace Robert Follis.

Life is always one bold move away from changing. You just have to have the balls to do it. There is never a need for suicide..

Yes. For the sake of our own and our children's survival this is the fairy-tale we must keep repeating to ourselves and our progeny.

giphy.gif

Wow. RIP, bro. I always got this guy confused with Mike Pyle for some reason.

Tragic end of a life too young. It is too bad that things ended this way but again as the readership alludes to, you never know what is going on inside one's head. RIP our brother!

Don't know much about him, but RIP, and sorry for your loss TS

Man, that really is upsetting... sorry to hear.

My mum and cousin committed suicide this year /: been fucking horrible year

People are usually so afraid to speak out about it... wish I could do something to help those suffering

Rest in peace

What a shame. A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Godspeed

What a shame. A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Godspeed

Agreed, man... just wish they knew, even just having a shower and going to bed... waking up the next day, you can feel completely different. A new day.

Sadly, some don't feel like there's any way out.

Back