How about Glover Teixeria vs Shogun Rua?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm in. Sounds like a war to me. I know most are going to say Glover would kill Shogun, and it's certainly possible but you just never know with Shogun. Shogun is riding a 3 fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2014. He could use one more fight to potentially get him that last title shot. Glover got back on track last night with a big win. This fight makes all the sense in the world! Would be fireworks. Shogun said he would like to get back in there in March and Glover probably didn't take to much damage last night.

Please, please book this fight UFC!

Sign here if you agree:

Glovers striking looked terrible so that fight might actually be competitive.

Winning that fight shouldn't get either guy a title shot though. I guess D.C. (Or Ooz) needs to fight someone, but I think either of these guys would get killed.

It's actually a good idea. I just hope Shogun won't duck him this time

glover seems to be trying to get a title shot. how is a win against shogun getting him a title shot?

glover seems to be trying to get a title shot. how is a win against shogun getting him a title shot?
Shogun rank #6 on a 3 fight Win Streak

Shogun should be closer to a TS than Glover. 3 fight winning streak vs 1.

Damn LHW is a wasteland.

lol yes just noticed didn't remember shogun has won fights lately. shogun it is then weeeeeee

Glovers striking looked terrible so that fight might actually be competitive.

Winning that fight shouldn't get either guy a title shot though. I guess D.C. (Or Ooz) needs to fight someone, but I think either of these guys would get killed.

Glover historically gets hit a lot early before making adjustments,shit he almost got ko'd by fricken Ryan Bader.He usually always adjusts well though.I don't think a minute of striking is a reason to think a very good striker's striking now sucks especially when he always gets hit early.Glover is so underrated here.

Oh and this fight sounds good to me.

Why not, couple of over-the-hill veterans. Glover did well last night but he's almost 40 and was almost killed in his previous fight, how on earth he thinks he's in the title picture baffles me.

I've wanted this fight for years. Please, lets do it

Why do people keep calling it crazy?Everyone complains and cries about how horrible the LHW division is right now but they can't fathom that Glover could possibly get a title shot with Gus injured for quite a while?Who would be in front of Glover after Volkan while Gus is injured?Manuwa,OSP?Lol use your brains.

Champion : Daniel Cormier
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Jimi Manuwa
5 Ovince Saint Preux
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Misha Cirkunov
8 Corey Anderson
9 Ilir Latifi
10 Patrick Cummins
11 Rogerio Nogueira
12 Gadzhimurad Antigulov
13 Tyson Pedro
14 Jared Cannonier
15 Jan Blachowicz

This would happen when Glover first came to UFC but Shogun did not want that fight

Why not, couple of over-the-hill veterans. Glover did well last night but he's almost 40 and was almost killed in his previous fight, how on earth he thinks he's in the title picture baffles me.

It baffles you??? How can he not think he's in the title picture? He's the 3rd ranked LHW only behind Gus and Volkan and he won by tko last night. Volkan already has the title shot in a fight that's coming up in a month and Gus is out with injury. He's the next highest ranked fighter at LHW that is ready to fight after Volkan

Glover historically gets hit a lot early before making adjustments,shit he almost got ko'd by fricken Ryan Bader.He usually always adjusts well though.I don't think a minute of striking is a reason to think a very good striker's striking now sucks especially when he always gets hit early.Glover is so underrated here.

Oh and this fight sounds good to me.
Gus was tagging him pretty effectively late in their fight and Glover is 38. Jones beat him up late too and he didn't have a chance to adjust vs Rumble.

Adjustments or not I think it is fair to say that Glover is a step behind the better LHW strikers.

Glover beats everyone at 205 except the very upper tier. I don't think that he is underrated so much as he can't break thru the top level.

I have no problem with him fighting shogun or even someone like Manuwa next I just don't see much of a point in feeding him to D.C.

I'm in. Sounds like a war to me. I know most are going to say Glover would kill Shogun, and it's certainly possible but you just never know with Shogun. Shogun is riding a 3 fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2014. He could use one more fight to potentially get him that last title shot. Glover got back on track last night with a big win. This fight makes all the sense in the world! Would be fireworks. Shogun said he would like to get back in there in March and Glover probably didn't take to much damage last night.

Please, please book this fight UFC!

Sign here if you agree:
What big win? He beat a low level fighter, and was ko'd a fight before. He will never sniff a title shot ever

Why do people keep calling it crazy?Everyone complains and cries about how horrible the LHW division is right now but they can't fathom that Glover could possibly get a title shot with Gus injured for quite a while?Who would be in front of Glover after Volkan while Gus is injured?Manuwa,OSP?Lol use your brains.

Champion : Daniel Cormier
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Jimi Manuwa
5 Ovince Saint Preux
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Misha Cirkunov
8 Corey Anderson
9 Ilir Latifi
10 Patrick Cummins
11 Rogerio Nogueira
12 Gadzhimurad Antigulov
13 Tyson Pedro
14 Jared Cannonier
15 Jan Blachowicz

100% agree here, Cormier vs Vokan is in a month. Gus is out till April earliest from what I hear. It should be Shogun vs Glover (finally) for title shot. But....Gus should get that title fight first, he's the #1 contender. I am seeing OSP in getting in there as well, he's got 3 wins in a row.

Gus vs Cormier/Volkan in May
Glover vs Shogun in April

Winner vs winner in Sept.

It baffles you??? How can he not think he's in the title picture? He's the 3rd ranked LHW only behind Gus and Volkan and he won by tko last night. Volkan already has the title shot in a fight that's coming up in a month and Gus is out with injury. He's the next highest ranked fighter at LHW that is ready to fight after Volkan
He shouldn't even be ranked that high. Glover will never win the title, or even get close to it.

Back