RDA vs Woodley is gonna look like Rory/Woodley

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Except a lot less dominant and RDA could easily get dropped with that right hand with Woodleys back against the fence.

So maybe a mix of Tyron/Rory and Tyron/wonderboy

Except a lot less dominant and RDA could easily get dropped with that right hand with Woodleys back against the fence.

I don't disagree,it could also be more dominant though if he can gas Tyron and beat the F out of him in the later rounds, as Woodley Rory was a 3 round fight.Imagine if that went 5?No way Tyron would have seen the final bell.

I dont think so, I think Woodley v RDA will look a lot like Woodley v Lawlor. Theres natural WW that can fought at LW like RDS and then theres natural MW that fight at WW like Woodley, do I need to go on, Woodley will dominate RDS if that fight happens, hes too big for him.

Hes a bit of a shithead in terms of personality but Id like to see how far this Darren Till can go, hes a sleeper if Ive ever seen one, hes a prime example of big MW fighting as a WW with stopping power, I think he would destroy RDS in under two rounds.

I dont think so, I think Woodley v RDA will look a lot like Woodley v Lawlor. Theres natural WW that can fought at LW like RDS and then theres natural MW that fight at WW like Woodley, do I need to go on, Woodley will dominate RDS if that fight happens, hes too big for him.

Hes a bit of a shithead in terms of personality but Id like to see how far this Darren Till can go, hes a sleeper if Ive ever seen one, hes a prime example of big MW fighting as a WW with stopping power, I think he would destroy RDS in under two rounds.

Lawler's no little guy himself. Dude fought physical beasts like Kennedy at middleweight.

Woodley is a big, strong dude but look at how he fights. Hang back, hang back, hang back, surge. It's an effective style for him that has been working in these title fights, but it seems clear that he is basically preoccupied with not blowing his wad so that he has something left to give down the stretch.

If he were fighting three rounders, I almost guarantee you'd see some more risks and some more offense from him in the early going of a fight.

But in a five rounder, where he's worried about gassing, he will take large portions of rounds off and then violently, explosively go on the offense so as to attempt to get his opponent out of there or take back the round.

Dos Anjos, conversely, is a pressure guy and he will forge ahead of Woodley in given rounds based on that. It seems pretty clear to me that there are two things Woodley can do to RDA that are bad news for him. 1- he's got the power to stop him. That's undeniable. 2.- He has the dynamic wrestling to put him on his back.

However, if he doesn't land the knockout blow, even the wrestling doesn't seem encouraging because, again, he has not shown a tendency to use his wrestling in relentless fashion in title fights. Think of the energy expenditure involved and think of the efficiency that Woodley is going for. Of course, if he lands even one takedown a round and Dos Anjos cannot get up, he is in a great spot.

Personally, though, I think that Woodley will not use his wrestling consistently through the fight and that Dos Anjos' pace and volume will chip away and advance him on the scorecards to a point at which Woodley will only be able to win with a stoppage.

Lawler's no little guy himself. Dude fought physical beasts like Kennedy at middleweight.

Woodley is a big, strong dude but look at how he fights. Hang back, hang back, hang back, surge. It's an effective style for him that has been working in these title fights, but it seems clear that he is basically preoccupied with not blowing his wad so that he has something left to give down the stretch.

If he were fighting three rounders, I almost guarantee you'd see some more risks and some more offense from him in the early going of a fight.

But in a five rounder, where he's worried about gassing, he will take large portions of rounds off and then violently, explosively go on the offense so as to attempt to get his opponent out of there or take back the round.

Dos Anjos, conversely, is a pressure guy and he will forge ahead of Woodley in given rounds based on that. It seems pretty clear to me that there are two things Woodley can do to RDA that are bad news for him. 1- he's got the power to stop him. That's undeniable. 2.- He has the dynamic wrestling to put him on his back.

However, if he doesn't land the knockout blow, even the wrestling doesn't seem encouraging because, again, he has not shown a tendency to use his wrestling in relentless fashion in title fights. Think of the energy expenditure involved and think of the efficiency that Woodley is going for. Of course, if he lands even one takedown a round and Dos Anjos cannot get up, he is in a great spot.

Personally, though, I think that Woodley will not use his wrestling consistently through the fight and that Dos Anjos' pace and volume will chip away and advance him on the scorecards to a point at which Woodley will only be able to win with a stoppage.

All valid and insightful points but I cant get it out of my mind what a much smaller Eddie Alverez did to RDS when he just went for him which mirrors in many ways what Woodley did to Lawlor albeit a lot quicker and whilst I know MMA math rarely stands up to scrutiny there's something about this outcome that for me is foreshadowing.

Yea I love RDA but he doesn't have the size/strength or wrestling base of Rory..

Basically more risky for him.

All valid and insightful points but I cant get it out of my mind what a much smaller Eddie Alverez did to RDS when he just went for him which mirrors in many ways what Woodley did to Lawlor albeit a lot quicker and whilst I know MMA math rarely stands up to scrutiny there's something about this outcome that for me is foreshadowing.

It's certainly a possibility. Woodley has that crippling power and is quite fast. Regardless, it will be an intriguing fight to watch and I'm very much on board for it. I like TWood, but I'm a huge RDA fan and I know who I'll be pulling for.

Back