Jon Anik's new discovery : "partially landed"

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The great commentator Jon Anik delved deeper into his technical MMA analysis, calling every shot "partially landed". It was all good until Cormier pointed out that "that shot landed clean, brother".

Then, Anik lost confidence in his observational skills, and never uttered "partially landed" again.

Anik will someday become a great MMA commentator. Yesterday was not that day.

20130403194007-0ef83c48.gif

He's pretty average, but you guys just love to complain..

He's not THAT bad.

The great commentator Jon Anik delved deeper into his technical MMA analysis, calling every shot "partially landed". It was all good until Cormier pointed out that "that shot landed clean, brother".

Then, Anik lost confidence in his observational skills, and never uttered "partially landed" again.

Anik will someday become a great MMA commentator. Yesterday was not that day.

20130403194007-0ef83c48.gif

I cant get over that gif. Dominick is thinking dominick cruz things about violently assaulting ninjas and anik is thinking his usual stuff about "what the hell am i doing here, did i really choose this life or did i somehow dupe myself into this"

He is very professional and he has improved but I just don’t dig his voice and never will.

I noticed he said you mixed your martial arts well.

Cringe.

Gus was the worst ever with Robin Black a close 2nd,they make Anik look phenomenal.
Agree, Gus had a couple that were so bad, whenever I hear his voice on any sporting event it reminds me.
Hes not so bad in other sports.

Eddie Bravo was an awful commentator, everyone forgets how bad he was in Pride and KOTC!

I want to hear from people who know what they're talking about like DC, Hardy, Meisha and Joe, not from people with a degree that says they know what they're talking about.

Agree, Gus had a couple that were so bad, whenever I hear his voice on any sporting event it reminds me.
Hes not so bad in other sports.

You know who was horrible at first then obviously got much better?Mauro Renallo.I always bought the Pride PPV's and he knew absolutely nothing about mma when he started.He's still not my favorite but tolerable.I can't watch One FC anymore,they somehow got Mitch Chilson to do that stupid crazy voice when he was ok at first.It's impossible to listen to that shit and I loved One FC.I used to watch the events live but now I just download and skip through on mute =/

He should have returned the favor and corrected Cormier whenever he had a stroke mid-sentence or was slurring.

Back