In hindsight should Aldo have declined the fight with Max and just fought Lamas?

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
Aldo would have had good chances to get a good win over a rank 3 guy and would be adding more to his legacy even though he is past his prime (obviously he is still fairly young but his fight age is really high). Instead Aldo suffered career changing damage in a fight he really didn't have good chances of winning especially with the fact that the first fight didn't happen that long ago. I'm being a little bit of a "Hindsight Harry" but it's just funny how one decision can impact someone's career, we could all potentially be sitting here looking at an Aldo who was able to beat Frankie and Lamas even though he was past his prime but reality kicks in and I suppose part of being a good fighter is making smart decisions, I respect he took the fight with Max but it wasn't an intelligent decision.

you always go for the titleshot.
yeah I suppose you're right it wouldn't be good to get on the UFC's bad side by not accepting title fights when they're given and those opportunities don't come around regularly, I just feel maybe someone in his camp though should have said something.

Back