How do you see McGregor vs Woodley and RDA vs Woodley going?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So now we've learned again that LWs can go up to WW and make some noise.
I think that's true if you give people the right match-up.

For instance, imagine RDA going against long and rangy Wonderboy. I think he'd get picked apart as he was against Tony Ferguson. On the other hand I think McGregor could have a shot against Wonderboy because he's good at finding your range, even against longer Diaz he actually found his way. It would be a very interesting matchup I believe.

O the other hand I see Conor as a very weak competitor against Woodley. Woodley has shown a really good chin and capability of staying away from danger, even if that means boring us to bits lol. His TDD and offensive wrestling are solid, strong and quick and that would be a very good weapon against Conor. On the feet I think Conor has the power and precision to put him away (maybe 50% chance) but because of TWood's power and speed it's really a toss-up if the fight stays on the feet. If it goes into 4th and 5th round though I see Twood clearly knocking Conor out after his gas tank hits the bucket lol.

I think Woodley wins against both but RDA might have a better shot because he's more well-rounded and has very good cardio. Conor would have to put him away early but I think that Woodley's chin and evasiveness will probably save his ass.

I can't see Conor putting Woodley away. It took him about 5 knockdowns to finish Eddie who was just throwing telegraphed punches, with no set up and his chin right up in the air. Woodley isn't that dumb. He will be patient and get the takedowns or land a huge right hand. Really bad fight for Conor.

I think Woodley needs to knock RDA out because that guy will keep coming and won't let him rest for a second. Woodley by KO or RDA by decision.

I see Woodley KTFO'ing Conor.

I see Wonderyboy KTFO'ing Conor.

I see Conor having a decent chance against RDA.

That is all.

The only *welterweight* Conor could beat is Nate Diaz, maybe Cerrone. He gets dominated by Colby, DHK, Tyron, RDA, Lawler, whoever you name.

I think RDA kicks Conor's lead leg into oblivion knowing that he isn't risking giving up the takedown by committing to kicks. I then think this stifles McGregors in and out style and we see a more static Conor akin to when he fought Mendes with knee issues.

At this point he is a static plodding target and easy to TD or catch with punches, which coupled with his tendency to slow down, would spell trouble vs the well conditioned RDA.

In most Conor's fights you see him being kicked in the lead leg and losing balance early doors, I think RDA would take this to a whole new level.

Conor is a natural LW that was fighting guys with naturally smaller frames at FW (Conor is the epitome of Napoleon syndrome) and RDS is a natural WW that was fighting at LW (Hes naturally a lot bigger than Conor in terms of muscle mass) and looked great for five rounds whilst Conor was fucked after two rounds in both his WW bouts.

If you haven't figured out by now that Conor would get steamrolled by most of the top tier WW division and if you think otherwise your looking at life through Conors rose tinted glasses and you had better believe Conor and his camp knows this too.

Just to put this in perspective I am Conor fan and yes I do know some of his training partners as I myself train at SBG with a little bit more maturity than your average Sherdogger and I know what lane he belongs in and that's the 155 division but if he keeps carrying on the way he is acting at present like the next coming of Jesus Christ I think a nice trip up to the WW division is exactly what he needs to give him a dose of what his limitations are.

Incidentally, all is not well inside SBG at the moment and of course its a rift to do with branding and endorsements and who has the rights to use the SBG brand and rifts to do with the setting up of different branches of SBG too close to Kavanaghs "main" SBG location (taking away his clientele) and so on and its a well know fact that McG doesn't even like training in Kavanaghs SBG anymore (he only stays there to allow Kavanagh to use his name as a way of paying him back) as he hates the place and why he only trains there really early when there's no members there and why he always seems to be training for his fights in the States (This is the worst kept secret inside the gym).

For the record McG is loosing a lot of support here in Ireland both from the public in general and particularly from the media due to his antics and his "gangster" want to be attitude and who hes associating himself with and of course his expensive "habits".

Last edited:
Conor, after a boxing training camp, would demolish anyone at 170 and below in minutes standing up.
Hoodley COULD stand a chance if he goes for the wrestlefuck. Otherwise, he gets KOd.
Be real mothafuckas.

Conor, after a boxing training camp, would demolish anyone at 170 and below in minutes standing up.
Hoodley COULD stand a chance if he goes for the wrestlefuck. Otherwise, he gets KOd.
Be real mothafuckas.
Nope long and rangy wonderboy schools him and don't even get me started on Woodley, Conor completely stopped talking about ww and a third belt after he saw what Woodley done to wonderboy in the first fight

McDuck doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence with the other two.

Back