Santiago Ponzinibbio first Argentinean champion?

The new eye-poke champ, taking over where Bones left off.

Poke-Zinibio ftw

Nah. Perry isn't that good. If Ponzi were champ material he should've been dominating from the beginning. He only took over once Perry started to gas.

I like Ponzinibbio for derailing the Perry hype, but I honestly don't see him as a potential champion. He is good, but the problem is that the WW division is stacked with guys like:

1. Woodley (top level wrestling, huge ko power, very high fight IQ)
2. Thompson (a stylistic nightmare for any standup fighter other than Woodley)
3. RDA (well-rounded fighter, great conditioning)

Ponzinibbio's cardio seems questionable after tonight, so unless he brings something new to his fight that would give him a significant advantage over the top 3 fighters above, I don't see him winning the belt.

The new eye-poke champ, taking over where Bones left off.

Poke-Zinibio ftw

was ready to call salt on this one but then i remembered ponzi def did figner fuck the shit outta Perrys skull..

Ponzs is good but I dont think he's champ material tbh

Why did Bruce announce him from Rio de Janeiro Brazil ? Does he live there ?

Nah. He spent a long time running around the cage and then finally engaged when Perry just started winging wild punches. Not a fan of either guy, but Ponz made that fight pretty dull. Top five fighters go through him.

I don't think he make it that far

Ponzinibio being ranked at #10 already seems like a generous ceiling. I don't even expect him to beat some of the guys ranked below him, like Magny, so I certainly don't see him defeat anyone ranked above.

Back