Will LHW and HW divisions get ''younger''?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It feels like same 10 or 20 fighters in each division fight each other. DC is probably gonna fight Gus in 2030.in their 20th rematch.

I feel the need to give this topic his first reply...
Because if anything aint getting any younger, its this thread
<{hughesimpress}>

Nah, I forsee a bunch of 50 or 60 year old prospects to pop up any day now.....

Of course it will get younger. These things are cyclical.

Glover beating Cirkunov

40 year old Werdum beating Tybura

43 year old Hunt outlasting 32 year old Lewis in a brawl

Arlovski beating Albini

These old dogs just don't want to let any new cats in the ranks. Lol

Watch 40 year old DC beat his challenger who is 10 years younger

depends of UFC putting cash at it, legit young talent out there exists and it's much better than people think, fact is not every fighter wants to come and receive 10k/10k and have this Reebok piece of shit contract

Well pretty much any other pro sport pays more so anyone with that size thats athletic isnt gonna wanna train ufc

depends of UFC putting cash at it, legit young talent out there exists and it's much better than people think, fact is not every fighter wants to come and receive 10k/10k and have this Reebok piece of shit contract

Well pretty much any other pro sport pays more so anyone with that size thats athletic isnt gonna wanna train ufc
there is definitely talent out there.

I really like how Bellator is going for high level young wrestlers like Aaron Pico, Ed Ruth, Tyrell Fortune, etc.

Those guys aren't going to the NFL. They were wrestling all their life. Pico has also been boxing forever.

Those are real prospects. Bellator seems to understand how to scout and cultivate better than the UFC even though UFC is top dog and theoretically should get first dibs on all the prospects.

There are also a shit load of undefeated Russian HWs and LHWs that conveniently make better money in Russia.

I really like how Bellator is going for high level young wrestlers like Aaron Pico, Ed Ruth, Tyrell Fortune, etc.

Those guys aren't going to the NFL. They were wrestling all their life. Pico has also been boxing forever.

Those are real prospects. Bellator seems to understand how to scout and cultivate better than the UFC even though UFC is top dog and theoretically should get first dibs on all the prospects.

There are also a shit load of undefeated Russian HWs and LHWs that conveniently make better money in Russia.
There is a south african fight league ia sometimes see on tv that looks like it has some decent talent. I forget what its called but i wonder if any fighters have come from that

Eventually. Divisions are revolving doors. No division stays shallow forever.

yeah i made some lists of HW/LHWs at Eastern Europe and i really can't understand why UFC doesn't throw money at them and bring it, LHW/HW would be great again

yeah i made some lists of HW/LHWs at Eastern Europe and i really can't understand why UFC doesn't throw money at them and bring it, LHW/HW would be great again
You got a link to that list? I think i saw one on here. Would like to see it again

I have seen a few good fighters on there. I have also seen a few mismatches in their shows.

Besides Ruan Potts, I don't know if UFC has ever directly recruited somebody from there.

I think there are a lot better fighters in Africa right now than Ruan Potts so I agree the UFC should take a look.

You got a link to that list? I think i saw one on here. Would like to see it again
There's much better lists at MMA Worldwide subforum, some that goes about every HW strenght and background, but the ones that i judge ready (could move waves at UFC) are:

HW

Sergey Pavlovich (12-0): Russian 25y old. FNG champion.
Denis Goltsov (19-5): Russian 27y old. ACB former champion.
Michal Andryszak (19-6): Polish 25y old. KSW *next* champion.
Salimgerey Rasulov (16-7): Russian 31y old.
Amir Aliakbari (7-1): Iranian 29y old.
Denis Smoldarev (13-3): Estonian 27y old.
Mikhail Mokhnatkin (10-2): Russian 27y old.
Ricardo Prasel (9-0): Brazilian 27y old. Aspera FC champion.

LHW

1 - Rashid Yusupov (8-0): M1 current champion, wins over Viktor Nemkov (25-6) and Stephan Puetz (15-3)
2 - Magomed Ankalaev (8-0): AFC champion, wins over Wagner Prado (12-3) and Maxim Grishin (25-7)
3 - Viktor Nemkov (25-6): M1 former champion, wins over Abdul-Kerim Edilov (17-4 and at UFC), Gadzhimurad Antigulov (20-4 and at UFC), Maro Perak (26-7), Stephan Puetz (15-3) and Attila Vegh (former Bellator champion)
4 - Jiri Prochazka (19-3-1): wins over Satoshi Ishii and Vadim Nemkov (8-2)
5 - Tomasz Narkun (14-2): KSW current champion, wins over Rameau Sokoudjou and Goran Reljic
6 - Maxim Grishin (25-7): wins over Alexander Volkov, Joachim Christensen (14-6 and at UFC), Dirlei Broenstrup (15-5) and Marcin Prachnio (13-2)
7 - Karl Albrektsson (6-1): wins over Teodoras Aukstuolis (10-5) and Vadim Nemkov (8-2)
8 - Carlos Eduardo (16-4): wins over Boris Polezhay (17-6) and Marcos Rogerio Pezao (15-5 and at UFC). Also went 2 rounds with Roided Jon Jones in his 4th MMA fight.

Back