RDA & Lawler opponents

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
RDA was a beast tonight. He looked like the RDA that went on a tear at 155. He was a completely different fighter in his 2 losses before moving up. This RDA wipes the floor with Eddie and Ferg

That being said Robbie looked really slow, hesitant and chinny from the get go.

The Robbie that fought tonight and against Cowboy would not beat Condit or Rory.

This RDA maybe beats Condit but not Rory. It's an interesting matchup for Woodley but stylistically I don't think he takes it unless he rocks Woodley early and makes him hesitate from then on

IMO Rory would be a dominant champ in UFC right now

To be fair " the Robbie that fought tonight" literally had one leg for 3 rounds, and no despite what florian Was saying after the fight, the leg kicks were not giving Robbie a problem. He twisted his knee in the second round and had trouble even walking. I really think a healthy lawler beats rda.

It stinks because I love Robbie. But it looks as though the wars vs Hendricks, Rory, and Condit have aged him.

RDA is the man and looks the part of an absolute killer at 170. I think he can beat Woodley and given RDA's pressure it would make for an exciting title fight.

ferg will beat him again 100%. hes a big dude he would beat him even worse at 170.

To be fair " the Robbie that fought tonight" literally had one leg for 3 rounds, and no despite what florian Was saying after the fight, the leg kicks were not giving Robbie a problem. He twisted his knee in the second round and had trouble even walking. I really think a healthy lawler beats rda.
You're saying that as if RDA doesn't kick his legs in the first round. That is part of the plan probably

Maybe if he wasn't favoring that leg so much he wouldn't have twisted it. Why was he favoring that leg by the way?

A) The Robbie that fought tonight and against Cowboy would not beat Condit or Rory.

B) IMO Rory would be a dominant champ in UFC right now

A) the Robbie that fought condit died that night. As I was watching that fight (Lawler vs condor) I was thinking Jesus, neither of these guys will ever be the same after this fight and now I am pretty sure I was right.

B) Rory left the UFC at the absolute worst possible time.

I believe he beats T Wood nearly 10/10. He also beats all the necessary contenders to get a shot at Woodley who he already beat, especially since Wonderboy has fought Tyron twice and Robbie is seemingly declining (which makes sense 41 fights into a "I don't believe in submissions" "I won't take his neck, I'll take his soul" career).

If Rory could possibly get out of his Bellator contract he would be the UFC champ. 100% agree. He would have to eventually defend against Wonderboy, but he would definitely take the belt from Tyron and beat most contenders at this point.

You're saying that as if RDA doesn't kick his legs in the first round. That is part of the plan probably
The leg that got hurt wasn't even the leg rda was kicking it was his back leg

Maybe if he wasn't favoring that leg so much he wouldn't have twisted it. Why was he favoring that leg by the way?
Idk but he hurt his back leg, not the one that was getting leg kicked. He hurt it in a scramble in the second round

Idk but he hurt his back leg, not the one that was getting leg kicked. He hurt it in a scramble in the second round

you dont know why he was favoring his back leg before rafael pushed him and caused robby to twist his leg?

he was putting his weight on his back leg because RDA was chopping up his front leg. RDA forced robby to favor the back leg, which led to robby twisting that leg after RDA pushed robby.

you dont know why he was favoring his back leg before rafael pushed him and caused robby to twist his leg?

he was putting his weight on his back leg because RDA was chopping up his front leg. RDA forced robby to favor the back leg, which led to robby twisting that leg after RDA pushed robby.
True he may have been because of that, but lawler looked content to just keep eating the kicks and still seemed pretty heavy on the lead leg. My point was only that people were saying lawler is done when in reality, he had a pretty good performance considering he could barely move

True he may have been because of that, but lawler looked content to just keep eating the kicks and still seemed pretty heavy on the lead leg. My point was only that people were saying lawler is done when in reality, he had a pretty good performance considering he could barely move

Yes. I agree to an extent, but I'm saying that —again, to an extent—that Lawler could barely move for half the fight because he was in a damn fight with RDA. That twisted leg, whether intentional or unintentional, was caused by the offense of RDA.

Well it pains me to say this but when Ruthless had a close fight w/ Cowboy (who is on a downslide at 70) I knew he wasn't the same. I don't know what contributed to that. Perhaps it was those wars, perhaps it was the T-wood bomb, and perhaps it was even USADA. But his 35 years old with alot of miles on him. I expect no more than 3 fights from him left. There's no shame in losing to a rejuvenated RDA but he isn't performing at the highest level he has in the past for sure. The Robbie that finished Rory wasn't the same one tonight.

A) the Robbie that fought condit died that night. As I was watching that fight (Lawler vs condor) I was thinking Jesus, neither of these guys will ever be the same after this fight and now I am pretty sure I was right.

I believe he beats T Wood nearly 10/10. He also beats all the necessary contenders to get a shot at Woodley who he already beat, especially since Wonderboy has fought Tyron twice and Robbie is seemingly declining (which makes sense 41 fights into a "I don't believe in submissions" "I won't take his neck, I'll take his soul" career).

If Rory could possibly get out of his Bellator contract he would be the UFC champ. 100% agree. He would have to eventually defend against Wonderboy, but he would definitely take the belt from Tyron and beat most contenders at this point.
Rory's 28, he got some time since he always fight smart. Hopefully he'll be back after the contract ends

I agree with most of what you said but I think Tony would beat him again.

Completely agree

Rda was beating him handily before that too.

Rda was beating him handily before that too.
Not really the general consensus was that the first round could have gone either way and the injury occurred in the second round. Also it was pretty obvious that lawlers strategy was to let dos anjos wear himself out early on and turn it on later, but he couldn't cause he got injured

Not really the general consensus was that the first round could have gone either way and the injury occurred in the second round. Also it was pretty obvious that lawlers strategy was to let dos anjos wear himself out early on and turn it on later, but he couldn't cause he got injured
Lol at RDA wearing himself out.. RDA is just the better fighter and outclassed Robbie everywhere. Barely even a mark on RDA after the fight.

Lol at RDA wearing himself out.. RDA is just the better fighter and outclassed Robbie everywhere. Barely even a mark on RDA after the fight.
I'm not taking away from rda. He's one of my favorite fighters and he is very good. But I don't understand how you guys keep saying that when lawler could barely walk for 3 rounds. And no it wasn't the leg kicks, he hurt his back leg in a scramble in the second round. Did you notice how he wasnt sitting on the stool, that's cause he said he wasn't sure if he could get back up. He literally was physically incapable of mounting any offense for 3 rounds. So no rda did no outclass him. If anything rda should have finished lawler considering he was a sitting duck who couldn't move

Back