RDA is a bad matchup for Woodley

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
And im one of the few woodley fans on sherdog. I was on the Twood bandwagon since before he Kod lawler. Stylistacally RDA has the tools to beat him.

Great cardio
Great BJJ and wrestling
Good kicks and boxing, and pretty good defense

If the fight goes into the later rounds Woodley will try to stand against the cage and sit back to rest. RDA could just push the pace on him and wear him down. Thats if he doesnt get Kod early.

Depends how much USADA tests him during the camp.

It's funny this type of comment because it could be used for pretty much any fighter then. You have absolutely no reason to say RDA is on something other than your hate for BR.

RDA could pressure woodley effectively and back & freeze him up
Or he can get KO'd by a bomb, could easily happen

I'ma go full sherdoggery on this one:

Did you see what a right hand from Eddie Alvarez did to RDA?

Did you see what a bunch of right hands from RDA did to Lawler?

Did you see what a right hand from Tyron did to Lawler?

RDA better wear a batting helmet in a fight versus Tyron.

Woodley would never accept that fight. He knows RDA would smash him to pieces. Woodley is gonna stay "injured" until someone easier comes along.

He has looked pretty darn good at WW post USADA. Would be an interesting fight. Don't know how he would respond to the explosiveness of Woodley....

If he could keep applying pressure like Rory did to Woodley then his skillset is more than adequate to get the job done

RDA is worthy to challenge.

But Woodley is super smart and has a different style for every opponent....

Only saying, if it’s a bad matchup, Tyron will have some wrinkles that even things up... or at least that’s his M.O.

I'm surprised how much pushback you are getting for this thread. He absolutely is a tough match up for Woodley seeing how he is able to pressure and push the pace. Could also lead to a highlight reel KO. But if I made a guess today I'd say RDA gets his hand raised.

You forgot pressure, which is woodleys biggest weakness. Woodley doesn’t win when people make him fight.

Yeah, RDA has the advantage here

RDA is getting old, he looked slow. I think people got confused because he dominated, but he looked slow to me. I think Woodley takes this one.

1rlPc.gif

lombard-nate-blogger-004.gif

lj_ZCC.gif

giphy-downsized-large-9.gif

You might be right in a 5-rounder. In a 3-rounder the old pure wrestler Woodley would take RDA down at will and coast to a UD. It would be tough to keep that up for 5 rounds against a cardio machine like RDA.

You forgot pressure, which is woodleys biggest weakness. Woodley doesn’t win when people make him fight.

Yeah, RDA has the advantage here

Yeah this does seem like a fight were Woodley will either have to land well or control him on the ground, he won't be able to coast.

RDA could be a serious threat but I think RDA coming forward like that against Woodley would play right into Woodley's game of being a counter striker and it'll allow Woodley to throw bombs which I don't think RDA could withstand.

However, if RDA picks his shots carefully and is able to dodge those in coming bombs from Woodley, then Woodley is in for a long night.

RDA deserves a title shot NOT a title eliminator bout with Thompson.

Can't wait!!!

Back