Predictable “Is Lawler done?” thread

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Ruthless One has been a gift from the Just Bleed Gods.

It’s safe to say, albeit with a heavy heart, that he won’t be climbing the ladder for another crack at WW gold.

What’s next for Robbie?

I don’t want to see him getting starched by young, hungry upstarts like Trolby. Should the UFC throw him a sacrificial lamb and let him end on a high note?

He didn’t look like he wanted to be in that fight at all. Now is as good a time as ever to call it a career tbh. Don’t stick around to take extra punishment.

Fight nick diaz then call it a career

Might have 2-3 left in him, but yeah getting to the point where he should consider moving onto the next stage of his life. But end of the day, his choice.

I had no idea that folks was entertaining a rematch with Nick. Fuck it. I’d watch. Might even pay for it.

No but his last few fights have been against ex LWs and he hasn't done so great.

I hope Robbie isn't one of those fighters that stay in MMA for too long

RDA is an elite guy. No shame in losing to him. RDA won every round, but he didn’t dominate any.

Also Lawler may have hurt his knee or something.

Too premature to say Robbie should retire. Very unlikely he gets a title shot again, but that doesn’t mean his career is over.
I had no idea that folks was entertaining a rematch with Nick. Fuck it. I’d watch. Might even pay for it.
UFC offered after Robbie lost to Woodley, but Nick refused. I really wanted that fight too.

He’s not done.

But, he got beat by a better fighter tonight.

RDA is an elite guy. No shame in losing to him. RDA won every round, but he didn’t dominate any.

Also Lawler may have hurt his knee or something.

Too premature to say Robbie should retire. Very unlikely he gets a title shot again, but that doesn’t mean his career is over.

UFC offered after Robbie lost to Woodley, but Nick refused. I really wanted that fight too.

He can still beat some top guys. It’s just sad. I guess I’m feeling nostalgic after someone posted a “Best Lawler KO” thread. I was reliving his career, and those crazy performances against guys like Trigg, Linland, Tiki etc. made me realize just how long he’s been in the game. I really don’t want to see him flattened again. Robbie is a national treasure.

He didn’t look like he wanted to be in that fight at all. Now is as good a time as ever to call it a career tbh. Don’t stick around to take extra punishment.
That was cause he hurt his knee really badly in the second round when dos anjos pushed him down. His corner even asked if he could continue and he said he didn't know. It wasn't a lack of heart I was that he couldn't walk

I would like to see him go against the Sherminator.

I don't think he's done as a fighter, RDA is just a bad matchup for him. i think he is done as a title contender, but there are still there are plenty of winnable, entertaining matchups out there for him.

Time to make Perry vs Lawler imo.

No. A win over someone like Maia or Masvidal in his next fight and he's right back in the mix.

Robbie is done when he says he done. I want to see him fight 200 more times.

Obviously that isn’t realistic, so he can make the call. Woodley is the only one who put him out recently, and he was laughing when RDA was teeing off on him in round two. He definitely has more fight in him

Back