Was Lawler wanting to quit between rounds 4 and 5?

paddy_da_pikey

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Im not accusing or judging him just looking for clarification and others perspectives.

To me I thought I heard him saying im done or something to that effect which is why he didnt take the stool then Hooft had to motivate him your not a quitter etc etc and basically put him back out to go out on his shield?

Did anyone hear anything or think they heard anything similar?

Idiot.png

No, he just was indicating that he couldn't sit down because he wouldn't be able to stand up.

I thought I heard him say “ i can’t move my leg “

i think it would have been okay for his corner to not send him out for the 5th round.

Sure did look like he was saying he couldn't continue.

If he wanted to quit, he could had many times before those two final rounds

I thought I heard him say “ i can’t move my leg “

With that lunatic, I don't think that means what it means for a normal person.

Normal person means, uh, stop the fight. But with Lawler, I think he's just pointing out a fact.

guy asks a question and you call him an idiot. I bet your life is amazing-
Lawer doesn't quit, he fights, he's a legend. Did you start watching MMA recently?

Lawer doesn't quit, he fights, he's a legend. Did you start watching MMA recently?

Calls someone the village idiot yet everyone classifies him as the idiot..... Idiot

i think it would have been okay for his corner to not send him out for the 5th round.

basically, this.

i was kind of pissed that no one stopped it after round 4, be it the doctor, ref, or corner...

There's nothing noble about a guy caving to peer pressure and his need to maintain a certain image when it was obvious he had nothing to offer in the fight. His corner should have thrown in the towel.

I'm sick of these, "what a warrior threads." More like, what an idiot. It just wasn't a very good fight, and Dos Anjos still doesn't impress me. He leave himself wide open, and he doesn't seem to have consistent fight ending power.

He's abandoned his BJJ, and looks great bopping around, but his overall offense is underwhelming. He leaves his opponents too many opportunities, and he should have finished Lawler who looked to be begging for someone to have mercy on him, and stop the fight.

If he wanted to quit, he could had many times before those two final rounds
No, his corner could have stopped it, and saved him from the shame that he would experience quitting, and letting down a bunch of ignorant fans who think its meaningful that he kept fighting.

Lawler needs a better all around game. His striking isn't good enough for him to solely rely on it at this point. I can't believe he's been fighting this long and has never attempted a submission.

No

That was Perry quitting 2 minutes into round 3

Lawler threw to the bell in the 5th

There's nothing noble about a guy caving to peer pressure and his need to maintain a certain image when it was obvious he had nothing to offer in the fight. His corner should have thrown in the towel.

I'm sick of these, "what a warrior threads." More like, what an idiot. It just wasn't a very good fight, and Dos Anjos still doesn't impress me. He leave himself wide open, and he doesn't seem to have consistent fight ending power.

He's abandoned his BJJ, and looks great bopping around, but his overall offense is underwhelming. He leaves his opponents too many opportunities, and he should have finished Lawler who looked to be begging for someone to have mercy on him, and stop the fight.

lawler is not the dude to rush like that, though. manhoef had him on less total legs than dos anjos and look what happened. i know rda's chin is much better, but man, taking chances on lawler is almost asking for it

Back