Is It Impossible To Throw A Kick With A Hands-Up Guard?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of fighters drop their hands when they throw kicks. So, I tried practicing kicking with my hands up. It is definitely more difficult but doable. So, I would expect somebody who does it for living would be able to master kicking with the guard up.

More KO's like Emmett on Lamas need to happen. Most fighters don't even throw kicks with lethal intentions. You can take one, and a throw a KO punch like Emmett did.

Man, I can't wait for MMA 10 years from now. With better trained athletes competing.

I have noticed that a lot of fighters drop their hands when they throw kicks. So, I tried practicing kicking with my hands up. It is definitely more difficult but doable.

sneak-attack-Fail_o_136127.gif

Depends on the kick brother. If you're trying to knock someone out with a thai kick to the head? good luck with that.

My MT coach loathed training to throw kicks with the faux-thai-clinch hand drop. He'd punish us mercilessly when he caught anyone doing it.

It's boxercize bullshit.

Last edited:
Gaethje throws legs kicks with high guard.

But even then you act like people can't be KO'd through their guard block.

That’s some amateur shit man. Watch kickboxers and Muay Thai fighters and see if they keep their guard up.

Can i attack while maintaining fetal position?

I have noticed that a lot of fighters drop their hands when they throw kicks. So, I tried practicing kicking with my hands up. It is definitely more difficult but doable. So, I would expect somebody who does it for living would be able to master kicking with the guard up.

More KO's like Emmett on Lamas need to happen. Most fighters don't even throw kicks with lethal intentions. You can take one, and a throw a KO punch like Emmett did.

Man, I can't wait for MMA 10 years from now. With better trained athletes competing.
yeah bro the thais havent figured it out how to do it right after hundreds of years and shit.

If you have to ask, then it doesnt matter.

All the Muay Thai gyms here in Brazil have taught me that, say, if you kick with your left leg, you can drop your left arm, and vice versa, but always remember to keep the other hand up and ffs rotate your hips.

Its for balance purposes, dude. If you ever trained Muay Thai seriously you'd understand.

Well Lamas went to throw his own left hook without his guard up. That's why he got KO'd

The striking knowledge on sherdog makes slack seem a savant.

Lol what the hell. Start training fellas.

I think it’s more of a balance thing for most fighters. Almost involuntary. Like swinging your arms when you walk.

You could train yourself into not doing it, though.

Back