Fedor's Garry Goodridge win is one of the biggest in Heavyweight history.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Garry Goodridge was 7-1-1 prior to his fight against Fedor and that sole loss was against Big Nog. After losing to GOAT GG will go 6-1 in his next 7 fights.

Unfortunately Fedor doesn't get much credit for that win Which is kind of sad.

I don't know if it is one of the biggest. It's not even one of Fedor's 10 best wins. Fedor has many bigger wins than that like:

Nog 2x
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Hunt
Coleman
Randleman
Fujita
Rogers

But it is a very underrated win. Gary was on a good run and was a very dangerous and very experienced HW with KO power in his hands and feet.

Fedor closed the distance on the bigger man and took the fight right to him immediately.

Last edited:
Most fans these days don’t even understand the significance of any of Fedor’s opponents.

Didn't Goodridge get KOd by Gilbert Yvel prior to his Fedor loss?

Goodridge admitted that he hadn't trained any kind of fighting prior to his UFC debut, basically attended one Jeet Kun Do session, paid a big fine, and was awarded a belt so he could get on the show. He also claimed he didn't train much throughout his actual career.

Imagine if he took MMA seriously, and actually put in the real training?

I hope medical science can reverse CTE so Gary Goodridge can have his life back.

Fun Fact: Gary Goodridge was an arm wrestling world champion too. Tough as nails.

Side note: One of my favorite GG knockouts
Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

Garry Goodridge was 7-1-1 prior to his fight against Fedor and that sole loss was against Big Nog. After losing to GOAT GG will go 6-1 in his next 7 fights.

Unfortunately Fedor doesn't get much credit for that win Which is kind of sad.

Look at his fucking opponents ya dolt!
Yatsu PRO FAKE WRASSLER WITH 0-0 no MMA fights fighting a guy with 23 pro MMA fights
Schreiber 17-9 decent win
20-10 definition of a gatekeeper
Jan 1-4
Yatsu 0-1
Labasanav 7-4
Van dams 0-1 MMA

So goodridge had 2 decent wins and a 1 loss in that 7 fight streak. ZOMG SO AMAZING. Yet you fedor revisionist donks shit on GSP for fighting 30-7 mw champ coming out of retirement. Fuck outta here!!!

Honestly as a fedor fan if you would have asked me which one of his fights could have possibly been fixed (come on pride DID do this ) i would say the goodridge one.

Source? (I mean, obviously you are claiming your source is Goodridge, but can you point to an interview where he said this?)
he said they fixed fights in Pride, didnt he? there was a thread about it today. or they fixed fights, but not the ones he was in?

Honestly as a fedor fan if you would have asked me which one of his fights could have possibly been fixed (come on pride DID do this ) i would say the goodridge one.
if that one was fixed, I guess they didnt tell Fedor. he almost killed GG in there.

Look at who Gary's opponets were though...

Maia was 12-1 when Silva beat him

Leites was 14-1

Back