Lawler Looking Quite a Bit Bigger Than RDA at Media Day

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_0134.JPG

Interesting fight. Lawler looking bigger than I thought he would.

What a fucking fight.

<{JustBleed}>

RDA is a pretty undersized WW.

212x4k.jpg

Yeah Lawler will have a big size advantage.

GSP vs Bisping
Gastelum vs Bisping
Gastelum vs Belfort

I think RDA takes it, the fights Lawler has won in the past few years have been too close.

They'll be similar in weight come fight night.

RDA has faced many men that were bigger than himself, and he beat them more often than not.

Last edited:
Lawler is a full sized welterweight who spent plenty of time competing at 185lbs. RDA is a 'in-between' guy who out grew lightweight, but isn't quite the size of elite guys at 170lbs.

In his prime, I don't think Lawler has any trouble at all with RDA. Much was made of his suspicious test numbers (returned just prior to USADA starting, when NSAC decided to do some advanced testing) and he hasn't looked like the same guy since.

Struggling with Cowboy is a problem. That is exactly the guy Lawler should blow right through, who gave him his kind of fight. I think the best Lawler is behind us and thats why we have a competitive fight.

RDA will be undersized but I think he's still in his prime.

usp-mma_-ufc-173-lawler-vs-ellenberger.jpg

Lawler has fought at MW and RDA at LW

Is normal

Rda will be alright he's pretty solid even though he has a smaller frame

It will be a good fight, hoping they take it to the last round

RDA is a 165er, they need to open up that division already

They'll be similar in weight come fight night.

RDA has faced many men that were bigger than him, and he beat them more often than not.

I don't think there is any version of Robbie Lawler we could ever get to stand on a scale and make it read '155 lbs'

Not when he was 21, not ever. RDA was able to do it dozens of times over years, and then struggled with it in his 30's, but Robbie is a bigger framed guy that had no problem competing against middleweights.

I'm trying to come up with the guys you are thinking of that RDA beat who were bigger than Robbie Lawler?

Tarec and Magny are both relatively small welterweights. Magny is built like gumby and Tarec is 5'10 and looked undersized against guys like Rory.

RDA will always be undersized at WW. Always a warrior though

Back