If Conor actually fights Tony, he should get a tremendous amount of cred, cuz he don't have to

Zero cred.

Hasn't defended the belt in over a year. Boom.

Yeah no kidding. What kind of champion would want to defend his belt....

giphy.webp

Meh, You don't get credit for doing what you are supposed to do and what every other champion in every other weight class does.

[Shrug], Don't get me wrong I like watching Conor in MMA fights but I am not going to give him credit for doing what he should do.

I think the UFC would still like to make a fight against Khabib in Russia.
The UFC would be interested in many ways... bring the UFC to Russia with a fight like that and generate massive PPV.

For McGregor Khabib would be a Money Fight to because Khabib brings up popularity to. McGregor already told he would fight Khabib. And when McGregor wins against Khabib theres many loot for him to gain besides money.

Tony is the legitimate title contender but McGregor doesnt have much interest in fighting him.

Cred for doing something hes supposed to do?

You can't call yourself a champion without defending that title.

I don't get cred for pissing into the toilet bowl, he doesn't get shit for deciding to defend against the number 1 contender a year later.

Lmao at all the haters not wanting to give Conor credit.

Meh, You don't get credit for doing what you are supposed to do and what every other champion in every other weight class does.

[Shrug], Don't get me wrong I like watching Conor in MMA fights but I am not going to give him credit for doing what he should do.

Nobody goes up and weights and defends their belt, but Conor. A true pioneer.

Yeah the champ shouldn't face the interim champ.....

Would give him more credit for just dropping the belt and preparing himself for GSP at welterweight. Tony Ferguson is a non-fight.

How does it not make sense business-wise? UFC can get a guaranteed 1M+ PPV buys no matter who Conor fights

Headline should read, "Man does his job, gets props."

Yeah like champs are supposed to defend the belt.....

BZZZ! Incorrect! George Saint Pierre just did it less than 2 months ago. Are you really such a Conor nut hugger that you are so completely clueless about all of the other fighters?!?! Besides if you are going up in weight you are not defending the belt as you can't lose the belt in that fight.

BJ Penn and Randy Couture were former champions who went up in weight and won the title as well so it is hardly unprecedented to move up in weight and win a new belt.

Besides if you had the mentality to actually read my whole post you will see that I am a Conor fan. I am just not a Conor fan boy. I am actually capable of criticizing him when he does stupid stuff, or as in this case not giving him extra credit for doing what everyone else is already doing.

I would characterize myself as an MMA fan 1st and a Conor, Severn, Couture, Edger, Lawler, Silva, Saint Pierre, Jones before he became an ass, TJ Dillashaw, as well as many others 2nd.

Conor the champion fighter should get Fred for...fighting? Boy you’re a deep thinker. Keep it up.

He won’t fight tony to unify all Conor cares about is paper so he can run around with his paper belt...lets just move on

False. It's been done. And Randy faced an even scarier (at the time) opponent defending his belt in Brock.
20131219123559_randy_couture.JPG

EDIT: he also defended against gonzaga before Brock.

Back