How much training do fighters do "off camp" ?

DamasR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you would expect they would at least roll once a day right?

Depends. I would guess there is a bit difference between tony ferguson and johnny Hendricks

in her time off i would be more incline to believe that the only rolling chubbed out ronda was doing was up to the drive through once a day.
{<RR}

If they're doing steroids, they don't do much off training.

If they're not on steroids, they do a decent amount of off training.

Varies by fighter, GSP was known to be in the gym regardless, just decreased the intensity. Rampage hated training, and the older he gets the less he bothers.

Varies by fighter, GSP was known to be in the gym regardless, just decreased the intensity. Rampage hated training, and the older he gets the less he bothers.

I think he went as far as saying he hated fighting period.

MMA fighters don't live a fighter's lifestyle like most boxers do. Can't expect them to be disciplined in their time off.

It really depends on the fighter, but you will notice that the best ones really love the process of training. Only a handful of very successful fighters have not loved to train but were successful anyways, such as BJ Penn.

back in teh day the old Team Quest guys Sonnen, Couture, Hendo, Lindland would train all the time and always showed up to fight. I don't recall them ever pulling out of a fight for being injurered

Jon Jones didnt train striking for the whole year of 2016. Came back in 17' and KTFO Daniel Cormier with a Cro-Cop like high left kick

varies by fighter, some of the more established and seasoned fighters won't train period between camps

varies by fighter, some of the more established and seasoned fighters won't train period between camps

It really depends on the fighter. The younger guys will be in the gym training 2 days after a fight. The older guys may take 2 months off.

Nagging injuries has quite a bit to do with it. If you have an issue with your toe that you pushed through for the last month and a half of training camp, you'll take some time off after your bout.

Back