Khabib needs to cut 30 lbs in two weeks.

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“Who cuts a ton of weight at 155? Khabib! Khabib cuts a shitload of weight. 195 three weeks ago, 191 when he showed up in camp. Now he’s down to 182, 183… (On fight night he’s) probably 185-182, somewhere around there.”

- Josh Thomson on Big Brown Breakdown

There's other information out there that contradicts this... so take it with a grain of salt. It's not like Thompson is his dietician or something. Was he peaking over Khabib's shoulder while he weighed? I doubt it. Chances are he's just guessing.

For sure timestamp that video my man.

He's working with the GOAT nutritionist in Tyler "Melee" Minton, the same guy who worked with DC his last camp.

I'm pretty sure the guy has never had a fighter miss weight/have a difficult cut and he is praised by a lot of UFC athletes like Rockhold, Holloway, Alvarez etc

Weight will be no issue for The Eagle

I find it hard to believe that Khabib weighs in at 155, & then he puts on 30 lbs by the next day.

Pre-USADA with the IV usage might make that more realistic... but putting on 30 lbs of water weight & food in the belly in one day?

If he misses weight again, or pulls out with some 'mystery illness' at the last minute, then he should be forced to move up to WW.

There's other information out there that contradicts this... so take it with a grain of salt. It's not like Thompson is his dietician or something. Was he peaking over Khabib's shoulder while he weighed? I doubt it. Chances are he's just guessing.
i think they are both from AKA.

Man I'm fucking pumped for Khabib vs Barboza. Vicious grappler vs vicious striker.

Both have a knack for neutralizing and brutalizing, will be fucking sick.

Khabib via constant pressure and keeping Barboza on the back foot or on his back. Edson will make Khabib work and struggle for this W though.

If he misses weight again, or pulls out with some 'mystery illness' at the last minute, then he should be forced to move up to WW.

Absolutely, these ridiculous weight cuts must be regulated.
We don't need a death on a weight cut!

More weight classess and stricter cutting regulations!

I hope he's using this as a test run at making weight without the one pound allowance. If he scrapes in at 156 again there's just no point booking him for a title fight.

he better live in a sauma for those 2 weeks and park a treadmill in there too if he wants to get rid of that much in 2 weeks

Lots of fighters cut that much in two weeks.

i think they are both from AKA.
Yeah, I get them being in the same gym... but how does he know? It's possible they chat about it during smoke breaks n stuff but I'm pretty skeptical. I seem to recall Khabib himself saying he was 170 not long ago... are maybe Ariel reported it or something. I forget where I heard that.

Anywayz... if he's got Tyler Minton on the job, he should be good.

In two weeks:

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-at-the-hospital.jpg

"There is always a next time"

30 lbs over weeks out seems about normal for a large LW.There's 115 lb girls that walk around over 140.

Back