Bizarre narrative that Ngannou cuts to make 265

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both Florian and Rogan pushed this recently, with Rogan even arguing against Stipe about it.

Ngannou has weighed in at the LOW 250s every single fight (around 252) then came in unusually heavy in one fight against Overeem (262). Rogan inflated his weigh in weight up to 264 in order to lie in his argument against Stipe, who noted that he has seen Ngannou weigh in around 250.

If Ngannou did indeed cut from 269 or whatever, it's weird that he gained nearly 20 lbs over the course of one fight.

Ngannou may have been told that extra weight on the weigh in made for a good narrative. If he always came in lean to weigh in before and he drank a bunch of water to inflate his weight, plus gained a normal weight in muscles in between camps, that gain is very possible. You find it bizarre that the UFC is looking for angles to create hype for the next HW contender?

He’s a huge guy, but I doubt he cuts weight. Probably watches a little bit what he eats when he has a fight coming up, but I remember him saying that being a HW fighter is the best job ever, because he gets to eat as much as he wants. I think that was in those previews before his fight with Overeem.

Its Rogan on his podcast bro. He is usually stoned out of his mind.

"We aren't here to take part. We're here to take quotes" - Kenny Florian

Both Florian and Rogan pushed this recently, with Rogan even arguing against Stipe about it.

Ngannou has weighed in at the LOW 250s every single fight (around 252) then came in unusually heavy in one fight against Overeem (262). Rogan inflated his weigh in weight up to 264 in order to lie in his argument against Stipe, who noted that he has seen Ngannou weigh in around 250.

If Ngannou did indeed cut from 269 or whatever, it's weird that he gained nearly 20 lbs over the course of one fight.

Considering he used to have the same body type as 2005 Alistair Overeem and is now a behemoth, there's a lot of things that are weird about Ngannou's physique. Horse meat really works

Dunno why joe said that, makes you question other things he says...

I wouldn't be surprised if he has entered camp at over 265 and works his way down throughout training camp. But he's not cutting water weight at the end if he's hitting the scale that far below 265.

buy two pay one

maxresdefault.jpg

He weighed in at 259 against Bojan and weighed in at 259 in one of his first fights back in '13 or so.The big weight gain theory is bullshit as far as during his fight career.This guy tried to tell me he's gained 60 lbs in 3 years when he fought in '13 at 259 because of that picture where he looks skinny lol.

No one cuts extra weight that they don't need to cut so until he starts coming in at 265 it's bs.

i saw rogan pushing this bullshit, its pretty lame

florian should know better

rogan also routinely makes bogus claims when he is doing his "ubereem" fapping routine, claiming that he cut weight to make the heavyweight limit. here he weighs in at 263lbs, wearing jeans, underwear, socks, a leather belt and presumably a metal buckle. anyone who has ever weighed themselves with clothes on and without knows that he may be wearing about 3lbs of clothing, he may actually weigh under 260, and bear in mind that since this wasnt even a title fight the weight limit is 266, which is what brock weighed in as. so he's gonna come in 5-6 lbs underweight cos he just likes sitting in the sauna until he sheds 6 EXTRA lbs of water?

fake and literally but not figuratively gay

timestamped

My best advice to you is do not take anything Joe Rogan says seriously. He is an idiot and in his mind, he was actually once a UFC champion. Dude is a clown.

Top AV. I remember watching Cage Rage on the wrestling channel back in the day.

Considering he used to have the same body type as 2005 Alistair Overeem and is now a behemoth, there's a lot of things that are weird about Ngannou's physique. Horse meat really works

He was already huge back when he was working in construction in Africa.
giphy.gif

Overeem was scrawny for someone his height:
OvereemVovchanchyn42Pride201.jpg

I could understand one person making a mistake... but it is strange that 2 people are doing it.

Lol... you know the Sherdog joke about Ken Flo when we caught him making it out like he broke a story & it turned out he was actually quoting someone else? Well, I wonder if we just caught his ass again... lol... Soundz to me like he heard this from Joe... & so now he's running with it.

Slow day on Sherdog.

Back