Holloway's sick TDD against Lamas

Nice post. I forget how slick the TDD of Holloway looked in that fight - Lamas didn't even finish a takedown IIRC

We shall see if he can stop Frankie from taking him down. I hope so I'm on the max wagon and would love too see him and Ortega

Blessed gets better everytime we see him. Edgar will be a big test. But if he cant hold Max down. It will be all she wrote on the feet. #Blessed #UFC HAWAII

Watched this fight the other day. Holloway is the real deal, Lamas is legit and Max dominated him everywhere. Credit to Lamas for making it to the end of the fight though.

No disrespect to Lamas but Frankie would’ve finished those shots. He can chain wrestle for days.

Defending against Lamas is pretty impressive but Frankie’s a different level.

I'm curious how his scrambling ability is now of days.

If Frankie can get him down (which is always very likely), that is going to be the difference maker in the fight.

XaDsetj.gif

No disrespect to Lamas but Frankie would’ve finished those shots. He can chain wrestle for days.

Defending against Lamas is pretty impressive but Frankie’s a different level.
I honestly think his reach and tdd will be too much for Frankie. Frankie is great and had great chain wrestling as you mentioned but he struggle with the reach and boxing of Aldo. He won’t be able to knock max out and it’ll be harder for him to get in close for a shot with max’s Length. Stephens did a good job at keeping Frankie away but he just got outworked. No one out works Max.

I honestly think his reach and tdd will be too much for Frankie. Frankie is great and had great chain wrestling as you mentioned but he struggle with the reach and boxing of Aldo. He won’t be able to knock max out and it’ll be harder for him to get in close for a shot with max’s Length. Stephens did a good job at keeping Frankie away but he just got outworked. No one out works Max.

Aldo probably has the best TDD ever, stylistically he’s Frankie’s worst possible matchup.

All Frankie has to do is take him down once to get in his head. Gonna change yo his gameplan. Aldo didn’t have to worry about the takedown nearly as much

Back