Can Frankie take Holloway down like he did to all these guys?

Can he take him down? Probably.

The question is can he keep him there for any length of time?

Just ruined my night by showing me Tippy Toes Penn

I don't see how Frankie can't take Holloway down.Is not like his Tdd is on Aldo level and we are talking about Frankie Edgar,one of the best wrestler in ufc

Last edited:
I don't doubt that he can take Max down. Will that be enough to win that fight? Hopefully we get to find out.

That's the

images

If he can get his wrestling going, he has a chance.

I wish they showed his TD’s from the first two Penn fights those were sick

Holloway's bottom game should be on point for this fight. If it's same as before when he was getting mounted by Conor, well, he is in for a long night.

Frankie recently got pieced up by Aldo and had a ton of trouble with Jeremy Stephens. Holloway smashed Aldo and cruised against Stephens.

MMAth > Frankie's wrestling

Conor took him down and controlled him.

Do you people who keep bringing up the Conor fight really think that the guy who was two fights removed from getting a gift decision over Leonard Garcia is the same as the guy who just destroyed Aldo twice?

I can't believe how pumped this video got me for max vs frankie. I was sort of interested in seeing Ortega vs max after his performance against cub, but damn now I'm back to wanting to see max v frankie. Will be the hardest fight to pick a winner just because I like both so much.

Sort of want to see edgar join the list of people to win belts in 2 weight classes- really can't ever count him out either.

lost to gray- avenged
lost to benson- idc what anyone says he won the rematch
lost to aldo x 2- no shame there, aldo is OG

but then max is so damn cool - been really awesome to see his growth. I remember his debut against poirer- he came in like a wild man, he seriously fought like he didn't give a fuck. it didn't work out for him in that particular fight but I've been a fan ever since.

yes he can and he will

I think Edgar is gonna take him down.

In the Aldo fight, did you guys see how easily Aldo shoved Max to the ground at one point when they were in the clinch? And he didn´t even try that hard. Max is a great fighter but not very phisically strong. And it takes godly tdd like Aldo's to stop Edgar´s takedowns. And even there Edgar got a few td, just wasn´t able to keep Aldo there.

I can see Frankie taking Max down and getting him to wilt under relentless pressure. Conversely, I can also see Max sprawling and brawling and catching Frankie with punishing knees anytime he gets in close. I want Frankie to win but time isn't on his side.

Back