Overeem made $850,000 against Ngannou?

Seems about on par for the old school HW vets.

Hunto makes about the same per fight.

You have to remember. Overeem is internationally know, and has been for a long time.

Makes sense. Nobody on a shitty 40k / 40k would risk the brain damage against Ngannou.

Wasn't enough for what happened to him.

And people wonder why Stipe is willing to sit out until he gets a new contract.

When the dominant HWT champ makes less than his challengers, something wrong.

As he should, Overeem can't get paid enough to get KO'd like that.

Fair, it took 4 years from his life expectancy :D

And people wonder why Stipe is willing to sit out until he gets a new contract.

When the dominant HWT champ makes less than his challengers, something wrong.

And then he just he cried on JRE that he doesn't want to promote.

Can't have it both ways.

He negotiated a very favorable contract his last time out....he still sells, but after that last fight, I hope he's putting some in the bank because it looks like it might be over for the Reem.

He's been earning that since the JDS fight. His old contract was around the 500K mark, base pay. Then he took a 'risk' (he has brand value outside of the UFC so it wouldn't have been much of a risk for him) and TKO'd JDS on the final fight of his contract. It gave him a lot of leverage. I'm sure Dana's plan was that JDS would sleep Reem and they would sign him to a lesser deal but it didn't happen, lol.

Would you accept $850K to take that shot, though? We joke about Overeem having no chin but at least he survived it...

Seems about on par for the old school HW vets.

Hunto makes about the same per fight.

I guess, last I checked Arlovski, JDS and Werdum aren't making CRAZY money. They're paid well. I guess for Reem and Hunt though they can base cards around them in Asutralia/New Zealand/Netherlands. I definitely think Hunt's overpaid relative to his skill level, even though he has a fan friendly style.

Back