Rise of Shane Carwin

gimp0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
credit goes to /r/mma

I remember watching him fight Frank Mir and was pretty pissed at Dan for letting it go that long. Frank Mir has always been my favorite heavyweight and I was legit pissed watching this happen.

I miss Carwin, idc if he was on the juice.

edit; I'm not sure why the embed isn't working right now.

if a mod can fix it, please do

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7jji4z/the_rise_of_shane_carwin/

Shane Carwin broke my damn heart and I can't forgive him.

He was the chosen one!

I thought the fight with Lesnar could have been stopped in the first. It wasn’t though, and the rest is history.

giphy.gif

Brutal fight
249bc5958379d197dab709fe37015425c4d16667.gif

I think Mir lost 10 IQ points in this gif alone

He was the chosen one!

If Lesnar hadn't beaten him, JDS did and so would Cain. Still, Carwin was a fun fighter. It was a pretty good period at HW with a healthy Cain, a prime JDS (before Cain aged him by 10 years), Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, etc.

Yeh Dan for sure go kick rocks with that late ass stoppage on Frank mir

He was a freakishly scary HW.

Prime Carwin vs Current Ngannou is the stuff of nightmares.

He was the chosen one!

He was supposed to bring balance to HW, not leave it in darkness!

No racial.

I was at a bar with my girlfriend when Mir-Carwin came on. She knew I was into MMA but hadnt seen any yet. She was understandably horrified.

I explained that it was a late stoppage and wasn't usually like that. A terrible first fight to show someone.

Was he really destroyed by age and/or injuries, or was it a bad marriage unraveling him in the background? I tend to think it was the latter, but we will never truly know. I wanna see carwin carwinning again.

edit: epic fucking typo

Last edited:
I was at a bar with my girlfriend when Mir-Carwin came on. She knew I was into MMA but hadnt seen any yet. She was understandably horrified.

I explained that it was a late stoppage and wasn't usually like that. A terrible first fight to show someone.
sometimes it's surprising to find out just how surprised women are at combat sports. we take the brutality for granted.

That dude's fist is as big as my head. He was a real gorilla in there. Shame he had so many injury problems.

Was fun while it lasted. 280lb guys cutting down who were still athletic. Then JDS and Cain happened.
Wish he hadn't had so many injuries.

I had never seen the lead up to the Gonzaga KO before, damn that was sudden.

can´t believe he lost to brock. and yeah his injuries ruined him.

Back