Werdum vs Volkov is the right fight to book

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Almost everyone else is either booked, suspended by USADA or medically suspended.

Stipe vs Francis is happening

Hunt vs Blaydes is happening

Lewis vs Tybura is happening

JDS, Barnett and Rothwell have all been USADA'ed.

Overeem should be medically suspended for 6 months after his latest KO loss.

We are not getting our hopes up for Cain leaving his hospital bed anytime soon.

Werdum and Alexander Volkov are the two highest ranked guys that are currently available right now.

This would be the perfect matchup to make right now and could possibly serve as a Number One Contender's fight for the HW title.

Do you agree this fight should be made and if so, should the winner fight the winner of Stipe/Francis?

163eaeff3023a5cc5671a6566eb9b40f_crop_north.jpg

083_Alexander_Volkov_vs_Roy_Nelson.0.1492300851.jpg

Werdum says he will come back in April and, "beat the big black guy." He wants the title shot and nothing else.

A thread where someone actually says something that makes sense...what is this?

werdum doesn't want a fight, if he don't fight vs the current champion....<{spoogebab}>

I want Werdum vs Russian Werdum (Olyinek(?)). I know that fight doesn't make sense, but it would be a fun fight.

Sherdogers are sleeping on Volkov, the guy is the Max Holloway of the HW division.

cancel the hunt vs blades fight and book werdum vs hunt and volkov vs tybura

Werdum says he will come back in April and, "beat the big black guy." He wants the title shot and nothing else.

werdum doesn't want a fight, if he don't fight vs the current champion....<{spoogebab}>

I wouldn't mind that but I have heard a lot of people say Werdum should not receive a title shot off beating Tybura and Walt Harris. I personally felt he beat Overeem in their rubber match so I would not mind Werdum waiting until spring or summer of 2018, but the UFC may want to see him get one more win.

This would be the perfect opponent because Volkov is in a similar position, finding himself 1 or 2 big wins from a title shot himself.

We have also seen that Werdum is not afraid to take the risk when he agreed to fight Harris last minute and stepped in to fight Tybura.

Now that he has 2 consecutive wins and a controversial loss to Reem he may feel he is in a position to sit and wait but I know Werdum likes staying active. If he does take on one more fight them Volkov is the perfect opponent.

I guess but not saying I wanna see it. HW is shallow as f once I think about it

It's OK, I guess. But I feel like Werdum has already earned a rematch and Volkov is kind of meh.

In a just world we'd have Werdum/ Cain 2 for the TS after Ngannou's.

I want Werdum vs Russian Werdum (Olyinek(?)). I know that fight doesn't make sense, but it would be a fun fight.

No it wouldn't, Oliynyk has nothing for Doom.

I like it. Book it Dana.

Sherdogers are sleeping on Volkov, the guy is the Max Holloway of the HW division.
I agree. He is 6"7 and 250 pounds and moves very well. He is also only 29 years old and continues to look better each fight.

Back